We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

Will be in BA mid December arriving with Celebrity Cruises on a Saturday and leaving Wednesday. Does anyone know if it is possible to take a one day trip to Iguaza Falls.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

Hi,

Yes, it's possible to go for an OVERNIGHT trip to Iguazu Falls. Check the website for www.lan.com for arline flights. When you arrive in BsAs,then take a taxi from the port directly to the national terminal Jorge Newberry which is close to the port. The flight is 1hr45min and you should plan on spending the night. Check the website for Sheraton for rooms overlookng the falls. There are taxi's in the arrival area to take you directly to the Sheraton. The Sheraton is located in the park so you can walk to all the falls.

Plan on takng the late afernoon flight back to BsAs the next day so that you can see a little more of the falls the next mornng.

You would be back in BsAs on Sunday evening and ready for tango and dinner.

Cheers!!

Portland
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

Since you have time, you should consider going to the falls fro two days! it's a truly amazing place.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

yes, it's very possible!! do it. You'll love the falls :)

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

Thank you for thr response...really helpful. I have checked the flight times and it is possible to fly up country in the morning and back on the same evening. Now to give a bit more background you may understand why we only want to take one day out. We live in the Cayman Islands... beaches....sea and sun all year. When we holiday we want to see something different, especially the big cities love New York, San Fran, L.A., London, Cape Town, Sydney, Bangkok etc. etc. so we want to spend as much time in BA as poss. Have been to Victoria Falls, my wife Helen has been to Niagra Falls so now we want to see something spectacular as the Iguaza Falls but also explore BA as much as possibe. Have already booked 3 nights at the Calridge so don't want to be out of BA too long. Anyone know how to contact a local guide at Iguaza???

Once again thank you so much for the posting...zany hints on exploring BA?

Stepehn & Helen

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

If I remember we had a guy named Carlos from Aguas Grandes Tour. Their phone number is 54-3757 42110 or fax 54-3757 42031.

Hope there is pleny of water flowing for your visit.

Huntington Beach...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

For anyone who has taken the flight from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls; did you see the falls from the air as you approached Iguazu?

What side of the plane do you have to be on to get the view of the falls? Assuming the weather is clear of course.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

I flew there almost one month ago and neither on arrival nor on departure we overflew the falls. I don't know what usually happens, but I'd say there's no need to overfly the falls, since coming from the SW, you reach the airport before the falls. That being said, while visiting the National Park I saw a couple of Aerolineas Argentinas aircrafts overflying the falls before landing at the airport (perhaps it depends on the pilot's will?). Passengers on the right side of those planes got the view.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

Before some witty guy says that "passengers on the wrong side of the aircraft didn't get any view", please notice that what I meant by "right" was "starboard".

UK
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

Our pilot did a full circuit so both sides could see the Falls :-)

10. Re: Buenos Aires / Iguaza Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 24, 2009