We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with toddlers

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling with toddlers

Hello! I will be tagging along my husband on his business trip with two toddlers in tow. I will have 4 days exploring BA with my toddlers. I love photography and would love to take some nice pictures of out trip. Should I be concerned about carrying a nice camera around? I read some threads suggesting iPhones make easy target so I just want to know what precautions to take when out & about with small children. I would love to hear if you have any suggestions of places and restaurants that are kids-friendly (especially around the area of the Sofitel) as well as any areas to avoid. I am very much looking forward to visiting BA and thank you in advance for your help!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with toddlers

The area around the Sofitel is quite safe and especially when you cross into Recoleta. A good place to go with the toddlers is Patio Bullrich Mall which is close to the Sofitel. They have a nice indoor play area and kid friendly restaurants.

If the weather is nice outside then the Vicente Lopez park at Montevideo/Vicente Lopez in Recoleta;just a short walk from the Sofitel. They have nice playground equipment and a lot of local neighborhood children.

For your photos then just use a small Digital camera. They are used all over Argentina and draw little attention. I would leave the SLR at home.

You shouldn't have any problems with the toddlers. Argentines are in love with children and you will receive a lot of positive attention.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with toddlers

Thank you so much for your advice, ricardoBA! I really appreciate it. I am a little bum about the camera, but safety first. I'll take a P&S instead of the big DSLR. I have another question if you don't mind. Since we'll land in BA the middle of the night and will want to get to the hotel as soon as possible, will transportation to the hotel be difficult late at night and if we'll need pesos ready to pay for the fare. I read about the official and the blue exchange rate, I just want to find out the best way to exchange money. Thanks!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with toddlers

Transportation from the airport to the center is available 24 hours per day. Since you are staying at the Sofitel then they can arrange for airport transport then apply the cost to your hotel charges. If the fee seems high to you then use this other option.

Have a look at www.taxiezeiza.com.ar. This transport company is located in the arrivals hall at EZE airport and will have cars available to take you to the hotel. They will accept currency both Dollars and pesos. The prices listed on their website is in pesos.

In addition to Taxiezeia, the other reliable companies are TiendaLeon, World and VIP. These are all located after the customs area and do not require prebooking.

Do not go out to the curbside and grab a taxi without prearranging for transport inside the terminal with one of these companies.

Dollars can be exchanged for pesos near your hotel. The concierge at the hotel will offer suggestions where you can get good exchange rates.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with toddlers

RicardoBA, thank you for the provided information!

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling with toddlers

There are many places in Buenos Aires your kids will enjoy. I’d recommend a stroller if you want to explore the areas close to Sofitel. Taxis are cheap though and The Botanical Gardens, The Japanese Garden and the Zoo (all located in Palermo not within walking distance from Sofitel if you are with toddlers) are fantastic options my three year old niece loved.

6. Re: Traveling with toddlers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 23, 2015