We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heat wave in BA

Denver, Colorado
4 posts
Save Topic
Heat wave in BA

We are scheduled to arrive in Buenos Aires Christmas morning and stay until December 30

before heading to Patagonia. It looks like the current heat wave will continue the whole time we are there. Do you think we should stick with our schedule or try to reroute somewhere else than BA? Are the conditions really hellish?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Heat wave in BA

The lights are cut constantly. Today, a lot of San Telmo was out. There are parts of Caballito, Almagro, Villa Crespo and other places that were without power for a week. Parts of Recoleta, too. Many are still without electricity, while the temps have been 35+. In frustration, people started blocking the streets. The power situation is a mess here right now.

Vero, I had been thinking that the lights wouldn't be cut this week because everyone is gone from the city. But then we lost power today…

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,531 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Heat wave in BA

As I said in another thread, it seems like Edesur's clients (roughly, the part of BA SW of Pueyrredón and Córdoba avenues) are having more power failures than other parts of the city (Edenor's).

I'm touched by your invitation Scarlett, but - apart from the obvious reasons- I would never trade summer for winter. I can stand heat fairly well but I simply hate cold weather !!!

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Heat wave in BA

Hi, we are here at the moment and we are staying in Palermo Soho. We had no problems at all with power cuts so far. We only realised there was an issue when we visited San Telmo yesterday, and people blocked off streets and held small- and peaceful as far as we could see- demonstrations. The temperature has dropped in comparison to four days ago, so if you avoid being out and about between 13:00 and 17:00 you will be fine.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Heat wave in BA

Vero, some of the worst problems have been in Caballito, which is Edenor. Here is a great (funny/sad) website that just sprung up:

http://acanohayluz.com.ar

Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Heat wave in BA

We are here in buenos aires right now. Truly the weather hasn't prohibited us from being outside all day.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Heat wave in BA

oops, I realized after writing about Caballito that it probably is Edesur.

But La Paternal is the eye of the storm, and that is Edenor, no?

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,063 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Heat wave in BA

vero .. after a few weeks of winter weather, I am ready to come back to BA for some warmth.

In fact, I am just ready to come back to Buenos Aires :)

besitos, Happy Holidays !! Felices fiestas!!

18. Re: Heat wave in BA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 30, 2014