We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A free day in Buenos Aires

sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
250 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
A free day in Buenos Aires

We are taking a tour around Argentina and Chile the end of October. We have a free day in BA; we have been to BA before (2004) and have seen the major sights: Recoleta, Teatro Colon, walked the various neighborhoods, went to Colonia. Our tour will take us on a general city. We have not gone to an Estancia or to Tigre. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Susan

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,411 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A free day in Buenos Aires

It's easy to get to Tigre for the day on the train from Retiro. You might enjoy a restful day on the Delta with a nice lunch.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
765 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A free day in Buenos Aires

I agree with Ricardo.

I also don't see on the list of places you have seen La Boca nor San Telmo. I would recommend this places also.

What about "El Ateneo" (the bookstore), Pasaje Lanin (in Barracas, a very artistic street), the tramway in Caballito, the cafe and hair dresser "La Epoca", the Mataderos market?

There is always more things to see thanks God on this city.

Still I think Tigre is a wonderful place for a sunny day, but I also hope my list inspired you to come back.

Have great time,

Veronica

Say Hueque Argentina

sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
250 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A free day in Buenos Aires

We will be back and I will keep all your suggestions in mind. Thanks, Susan

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A free day in Buenos Aires

2004 was almost a decade ago, I would take the chance to see what’s new in the city, as it has changed a lot.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A free day in Buenos Aires

Agreed.... a whole lot has changed in Buenos Aires since 2004.......

sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
250 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A free day in Buenos Aires

Thanks for all the info. We have 2 days in BA with our tour group and then a free day before we leave for Patagonia. So I think we will play it by ear and see what we have not covered with our tour.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A free day in Buenos Aires

I agree with Say_Hueque_Argentina. I would not pass on the opportunity to enter El Ateneo Grand Splendid, the second most beautiful bookstore in the world according to The Guardian. Make sure you also visit the Recoleta Cemetery, which is considered one of the 10 most beautiful cemeteries in the world by CNN and the BBC. And don't forget to check out the Japanese Garden as well: it's the largest of its kind in the world outside Japan.

8. Re: A free day in Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 27, 2014