We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flag Day/Weekend?

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
154 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Flag Day/Weekend?

We just walked outside and noticed that everything is closed. I knew it was Flag Day, but I guess that it is a bigger deal here than Flag Day is in the U.S.. Our doorman said that tomorrow is also part of the holiday. So is everything here going to be closed until Monday? Public transport, Subte, etc? Or will things just open later?

Atlanta GA
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flag Day/Weekend?

My 17 year old son and I arrived from Atlanta for a few days and found the same phenomenom. I am searching the forums trying to find something to entertain a mature teen guy in recoleta. Sorry no help on how "closed" things will be. There is a great open market next to the cemetary right now. They are fun (for an old guy at least) .. Let me know if you find anything..

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flag Day/Weekend?

Sorry if this is too late for today. Not everything will be closed, only some small businesses. Most of the museums, shopping malls, theaters are open. I recommend the Botero exhibition at the Fine Arts Museum, with free entrance.

The public transport runs on holidays with the same frequency as on Sundays. Saturday 22 will be just like any other Saturday.

For teenagers, there´s a big Youth Culture Festival at Centro Cultural Recoleta, and the Auto Show at La Rural.

I don´t usually do this but I´m adding the link to my blog at the bottom where I´ve posted about these events in English, since the official websites are only in Spanish:

…buenosaires.gob.ar/ciudademergente/home13/e…

http://www.elsalondelautomovil.com.ar/home

www.batravelguide.com

Edited: 6:46 pm, June 20, 2013
Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flag Day/Weekend?

Greetings Sandy,

Does the Fine Arts Museum or any other site have information on the Botero exhibit?

Cheers!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flag Day/Weekend?

Hi Geoff!

Yes, the information is on the Fine Arts museum website, but in Spanish only:

mnba.org.ar/detalle_exposicion_temporal.php…

I´ve posted the info in English on my blog too.

5. Re: Flag Day/Weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 23, 2014