We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Sheraton?

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cold north
Level Contributor
353 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Which Sheraton?

Any opinions about which Sheraton would be better for 5 day vacation in February?

What about the Pullitzer?

Thanks.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
755 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Sheraton?

JMHO but I'd say neither. There are much better hotels and much better located hotels vs. the Sheraton hotels. Do you have to stay at the Sheraton due to Award Points or something? There are better located options.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
91 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Sheraton?

I don't like the area where the Sheraton is located, imo, there's better hotels cheaper and in better area

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
755 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Sheraton?

Most of the people staying at Sheraton hotels are either airline crew (many of the Airlines get deeply discount rates and all stay here due to their company using it). Or people coming down for some convention or something. Or people using Award Miles/Points.

But as mentioned, there are better located options. If you MUST choose between one of the locations, I prefer the Libertador location vs. San Martin.

But much better options in nicer areas. Neither of those areas is nice at night. And even during the day I am not crazy about those locations.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Sheraton?

If you are looking to go upscale, then there is the Luxury Collection Park Tower Buenos Aires which is the only real luxury option related to Sheraton here in Buenos Aires.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
91 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Sheraton?

There's the Hilton in Puerto Madero, even tho the area isn't the most interesting

cold north
Level Contributor
353 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Sheraton?

Thank you all for you r helpful answers. What we are looking for is a comfortable hotel Since it will be Feb, we would like a nice outdoor pool area where we can relax and swim after a day of sight-seeing.

We will not be using points ( although I have no objection to receiving some!)

The Recoletta area is probably better for us than Palermo, since we are seniors.

Keep those suggestions coming! They are very helpful.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
755 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Sheraton?

What is your maximum budget per night?

cold north
Level Contributor
353 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Sheraton?

We could get the Park Tower at a senior rate of US$245. I really don't want to go that high.

We got the Sheraton Conference Center at US$155. I would prefer to keep it around there.

These rates are plus tax.

Edited: 11:12 pm, May 02, 2013
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
755 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Sheraton?

Most of the hotels with outdoor pools that are upscale are fairly expensive. Especially considering the IVA tax is 21% more. So make sure to figure out what the total cost is adding in all local and IVA taxes.

You might want to look into an apartment rental as well that has a nice outdoor pool. Not many buildings in Recoleta have outdoor pools but there are several in Palermo that have really nice outdoor pools. You will pay a fraction of the price of a hotel with an outdoor pool.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Sheraton?

We got the Sheraton Libertador for $90 on priceline and would definitely stay there again for that price.