We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Gay Clubs, discos in Buenos aires

MGA
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Gay Clubs, discos in Buenos aires

Hi.

I´m a solo traveler visiting buenos aires for 15 nights.

I have booked different tours but i would also like to visit Gay clubs.

I´m 20 yo and would like to go to places and find ppl to hang out with around my same age.

Please advice on places to visit all over BA. I will be staying the first 2 nights in Palermo and then in San telmo for the rest of the trip. Do i have to be careful once at the bars/discos ? who with? what kind of transportation should i take back to my apartment?

Thanks!!!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Gay Clubs, discos in Buenos aires

I think your best bet is to find one of the larger and better established Bulletin Boards that specialize in GLBT travel. Also, I think there is a hotel here in Buenos Aires that is a popular destination for Gay Tourists that will surely have all the info you need, if Im not mistaken its called the Axel Hotel. Let me see if I can dig up their website and post it here for you.

Have a great trip.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Gay Clubs, discos in Buenos aires

Here is the website.... you have a tab for their Buenos Aires property, that should be a good place to start some research.

http://www.axelhotels.com/portal/

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Gay Clubs, discos in Buenos aires

In San Telmo you can go to Tango Queer (yes, that's the name of the milonga) on Tuesday nights at Perú 571. The milonga starts at 10(ish), but get there at 8:30 and you can take or watch the class first. Don't worry, you won't be the only beginner. The group classes of mixed levels are not a good way to learn tango, but you'll meet some people. The atmosphere is very relaxed, fun, and young.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
4,444 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Gay Clubs, discos in Buenos aires

these guys from GMaps360 publish the most comprehensive buenos aires gay guide.

step into any gay place in the city and you should be able to pick up a hard copy.

the online version is from 2010, but some things never change:

http://www.g-maps.org/homef.htm

if you speak spanish, look up their page on facebook: gmaps360

also look at this link:

www.gaybuenosaires4u.com/gay-bar-maps.html

you may or may not know, but nightlife in BsAs takes place at MUCH later hours than most anywhere else (except Spain).

Dance clubs will be mostly empty by 2am; locals arrive around 3am, so plan accordingly if you want to see BsA nightlife at its best.

People will go to dinner (also late, like 10 or 11pm), then go to a bar (often called pre-dance) at maybe midnite or 1am and only after that to the dance clubs.

Axel is a high-end hotel chain (Barcelona, BsAs, Berlin) that caters to the gay market (they describe themselves as hetero-friendly, lol). While the hotel itself in BsAs is quite nice, they seem to have chosen a location that was about to turn cool, but it never did in the end.

The result is that the surrounding area is still kind of dodgy and not a place to walk alone at nite (every one I know who stays there only takes taxis in and out of hotel). So, unless you are staying there, not much to do there (in the summertime they have Sunday pool parties there, but the season may have already ended)

Edited: 7:44 pm, April 11, 2013
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Gay Clubs, discos in Buenos aires

Check this out: circuitoscortos.com.ar/mapagay/home.php

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
460 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Gay Clubs, discos in Buenos aires

I usually buy a Spartacus guide every couple years. They usually have the most up to date listings.

Pro-tip. Photocopy the pages from the book you need (Spartacus is a thick book) and take the copies with you. They can be tossed when you're done and the printouts can fit neatly in your pocket when you're looking for a club.

Also, watch out for pickpockets in dance clubs. People will come up and dance with you and get very close and steal your wallet and phone. Stay safe and alert and take a cab home if you're unfamiliar with the area, they're really cheap!

7. Re: Best Gay Clubs, discos in Buenos aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 14, 2014