We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English speaking dentist in Buenos Aires

Amsterdam, The...
4 posts
Save Topic
English speaking dentist in Buenos Aires

Hai everybody,

I also listed this story on 'Like your Dentist in Buenos Aires' and afterwards wanted to change my titel in this one, but that was not possible so therefore I post it again with another title :).

Last week I had an urgency in my mouth with a lot of pain. And with reason, two big cavities and a small one. Via a friend of my I got in contact with Like your Dentist in Buenos Aires, Belgrano. He went there last year for an urgency as well. I was amazed by their professionalism and calmness. I send them an email to make an appointment and got directly a reply with 3 options for a free intake. In the mail they explained me carefully the way they work and after the free intake we would look together if my insurance company would cover the cost of the treatment.

I went to their office in Belgrano and was welcomed in English by Veronica, one of the owners of the clinic. She was very calm and friendly and actually we directly went into a nice chat about my travels trough South America which made me feel comfortable.

Next she started making a diagnosis of my mouth meanwhile she explained everything she did and saw in my mouth. Finally she made a short report for me and we looked if these topics were covered by my health insurance. As this was the case and I could calculate if payment was okay for me, she made directly time for my treatment.

Quite funny was that she asked me which music I liked before she started. After selecting some songs of U2, she took off with my treatment, still carefully explaining every step, in fluent English!

Afterwards I got a clear printed explanation and calculation of the costs and the treatment parts, this to hand over to my health insurance. They even send me a copy to my email because of los risk!

In short; warm welcome, excellent explanations before and during treatment in fluent English, , transparency in costs, comfortable feeling, very clean and modern consultory with a extreme sterile way of working (more than back home in The Netherlands :s).

To conclude; normally I do not write a lot on these forums, but I had serious problems and these people took in a very good way care of me. Therefore, if you have any problem in your teeth I would recommend people to go to Like your Dentist.

By the way, they are easy to reach with subway line D (end station Congreso de Tucuman). Avenida Congreso 2174, Third Floor B. Email: info.likeyourdentist@gmail.com

Cheers and good luck!

Bart.

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English speaking dentist in Buenos Aires

From what I understand Dr. Norman Darling is the unofficial expat dentist in BA. His office is at Uriburu 1054, near Av Santa Fe. I know people who have used his services and were very pleased. Why? Well, it's on my list; one of thses days. If you go make sure to say "Doctor" Darling.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
739 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English speaking dentist in Buenos Aires

I am SOOOOOOO jealous. We returned from a 12 week stay in BA on January 16th. 2 weeks later a crown "fell out" of my mouth. I was sure the dentist here would be able to glue it back.NO such luck(sigh). Not only did i need an extraction.......but I need an implant AND the crown. $5000 folks.

DH went to the dentist shortly after and had X-Rays.....Yes......He needs a crown:$1700

Why the heck couldn't we be in BA when this happened???????? I guess you are all thinking"TOUGH COOKIES"

Cheers.

Amsterdam, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: English speaking dentist in Buenos Aires

Yes, a lot of dentists in Buenos Aires (big clinics) are doing a lot of promotion and seem to be good.

But the actual materials they use are of a very bad quality. I spoke during my stay a lot with owners of hotels and hostels and they said to me that they faced many guests who had urgencies, when to big clinics and 3 weeks later the crown which had been put on, came off!

Besides, they just explain what must happen in your mouth, not why and how much it will costs. That is the problem, the bill comes at the end when everything is already done and for most of the people there is no way back. At Like your Dentist this was different, they showed me the products (and where they came from, most of them Germany and US) and explained me the treatment. Of one filling she was not satisfied and excused herself for it and did it al again, without extra labor or material costs!

4 weeks ago, their was a big clinic where people waited in front of the gate (argentians as well!) because their implants dropped off. The prices of cosmetic dentistry in Buenos Aires can be low, but clinics who offer 600 pesos for a crown is a lie. The material and the handling is dissapointing bad!

Good luck everybody!

Amsterdam, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: English speaking dentist in Buenos Aires

Yes, I heard also of Darling but I did not had very good recommendations to pick up. Kind of high prices and a narcissistic way of treating patients (in the sense of 'I am the dentist so believe and thrust me and do not ask to much questions').

Well, I did not went into his chair, but at least for that reason I did not went..

Edited: 5:18 am, March 27, 2013
Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: English speaking dentist in Buenos Aires

While I was travelling in Buenos Aires I had a dental emergency. I was able to locate Dr. Claudio Sorrentino at www.dentalpalermo.com.ar. The location is convenient, the service is friendly and personalised, the installation is complete and very clean. I had no issues booking an appointment for the next day. I virtually restored all my teeth within two weeks. Highly recommended. Phone: 54114826-1505. he speak excelent english!

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,165 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English speaking dentist in Buenos Aires

My husband went to a dentist over by Montevideo/on Juncal I think .. German name, my husband said he was better than any NY dentist he had ever been to. He did a few crowns for my husband and the basic stuff.

I have to go look to get the name but I can if anyone was in need.

He spoke perfect English.

7. Re: English speaking dentist in Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 pm, February 26, 2014
8. Re: English speaking dentist in Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:32 pm, February 26, 2014