We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
177 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

I'm looking at spending 3 weeks in BA in June/July this year. I'm looking for a place to stay with the wife and BAHabitat looks like the least expensive, but still nice, option for a longer stay.

My question is, which apartments have you actually seen or stayed in? Any you can recommend? Any to stay away from?

Finally, is there any way to know if they are available without calling and asking?

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
444 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

sweet info! thanks!

London
10 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

We used them for a trip this year, staying in Palermo. I've captured details of the feedback here:

http://www.baapartmentthamesandcabrera.com/

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
757 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

phatsinoz,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post that detailed review. I read your website and it comes across as fairly objective. If they told you that the apartment is "not noisy" and you had to listen to that level of noise then I'd find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be former tenants complaining about the noise.

The fact that they got the sound proofing tells me that there was obviously a problem with noise. And absolutely the smell of a restaurant would NOT be fun. I think it would have been appropriate for the management company to have told you about those things.

I agree with Gaucho that Buenos Aires Habitat is one of the reputable agencies but I also know from personal experience that some of the formally reputable apartment agencies in Buenos Aires aren't nearly as good as just a few years ago. I've heard of all kinds of problems both from rental guests and property owners.

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. I think it also serves as a good reminder to travelers booking an apartment to clarify that there is no loud restaurants/bars/nightclubs below or next to the apartment rental or no strange smells from restaurants.

Edited: 3:12 pm, June 08, 2013
London
10 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

Saintba - thanks for sharing your views. Regarding your comment about others not complaining, well there's a guestbook for visitors to sign in the apartment that contains several pages of comments about the noise. Of course none of this is broadcasted by anyone marketing the property, so I find it hard to believe that we were the only ones to have been affected.

I think fundamentally its so much more than just the loud noise or smells of the City. It's the dishonesty and lack of respect for paying customers that was just a little hard to accept. This was an awful start to a holiday - one that we worked very hard to be able to take, not to mention the considerable spend invested.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
757 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

Oh that is horrible that so many others complained in the guest book. However, to be fair if BA Habitat was only the listing agent, it's reasonable to assume that the owner is working with many other listing/apartment rental companies listing her properties.

So another good question to ask a property rental company is (a) how long have you specifically managed this property; (b) have any guests complained about anything and if so what have they not complained about; (c) ask them to tell you the 3 best things about the apartment and the 3 worse things (every place has some negative......); (d) ask them if they have personally even been in the property before. If not, if you can speak or deal with someone that has actually been in the property; (e) ask them if they would book this same property to their parents or family members.

My family and I travel all over the world on a pretty much constant basis and we rent many apartments and houses. We almost always avoid problems renting from owners by asking a lot of questions and verifying many things on the front end.

IMHO, they should have just refunded your money for the unused nights immediately when you requested it once the awful noise and horrible smells become apparent. That is NO way to start off a vacation or spend your holidays.

Have you tried writing an email to the owner of BA Habitat and not just dealing with your customer service agent? I also know that some people renting are just impossible or difficult or complain no matter what. A small % of customers are like that. (Less than 0.5%). But you don't come across that way and your video was VERY compelling in that blog with regards to the amount of noise.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Edited: 11:56 am, June 09, 2013
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

I know the owner of BA Habitat and have alerted him to this situation. Im betting that this situation will be handled in a fair and equitable manner.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
177 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

I checked into my BAHabitat place this morning and am mostly happy. I'll write a more detailed TR later, but since we are on the topic of noise....at the corner below my apartment several jackhammers have been running nonstop since I arrived. I will rarely be in the apartment during the day(and one would hope they won't do construction all night) so it shouldn't be too bad. But I feel that BAH should have warned me about it before booking. The place is really nice, but the noise.... I realize that construction is a necessary evil, but a little heads-up would have been nice. I guess we'll see what time they stop working each day.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

Construction crews will stop work at 5 or 6pm at the latest, unless its some emergency situation and they get special permits from the City Government. I think you will be fine.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
177 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

Great! Thanks Gaucho.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
757 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Buenos Aires Habitat Apartments

Yes, as Gaucho mentioned, I've heard nothing but positive things about the owner of BA Habitat. This could just be a situation where the staff never informed him. But based on everything I've heard I think they would do something to help resolve this.

I'm not sure if phatsinoz already tried. I read he stayed in February and it's now June but it would be worth it to see what the owner of the firm says about this.