We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires Hotels pay in full or deposit?

Poole, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Buenos Aires Hotels pay in full or deposit?

Hello I just had a quick look so not looked extensively yet but I ask those of you who have been to Buenos Aires if you pay for the hotel online and pay a deposit and the rest when you arrive or if you have to pay in full?

I'm from England and looking to visit next month so I want to find a hotel for around £50 a night and pay the deposit now and the rest when I get there as I get paid closer to the date I arrive, so do hotels do this or do you have to pay in full now, like a few I saw? any suggestions also would be great in the downtown and Recoleta areas

Thanks in advance

Paul

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,579 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires Hotels pay in full or deposit?

You shouldn't pay anything upfront. Have a look at websites such as www.expedia.com,www.bookings.com,www.hotels.com. With these sites you book for free then pay when you check out of the hotel.

Poole, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires Hotels pay in full or deposit?

Ok thanks I think I was on hotels.com earlier thought and they said most you have to pay upfront, but I will take a look at expedia as I want to book and pay when I get there, cheers Paul

Poole, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos Aires Hotels pay in full or deposit?

I think you may be wrong or things have changes as I have went through the payment part a few times on expedia and it comes to the payment and says I have to pay all, also hotels.com is the same, these sites say we must pay on credit card in full, seems hard to find some that take a deposit, but I think I found one on google now so looking there

4. Re: Buenos Aires Hotels pay in full or deposit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:18 pm, March 14, 2013
Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,532 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buenos Aires Hotels pay in full or deposit?

I would go for Booking.com

Except for the lowest rates which can be non refundable, they only take your credit card details in order to charge the first night in case of no-show.

Otherwise, one pays the full amount of the bill upon check out.

washington, dc
Level Contributor
244 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buenos Aires Hotels pay in full or deposit?

Agree with verobaires above. We just returned from two months all over Argentina, made most of our reservations through booking.com. It was very simple and all reservations worked out perfectly. If you look at the info on the site carefully you will see that some "lower" rates are labeled nonrefundable, but all others are. You provide your credit card info at the time of reserving, but nothing is charged until you arrive or - or - for penalty if you don't arrive. Sometimes you will see mention "check this hotel's cancellation policy." But usually you can cancel reservations made on booking.com up to a few days before. . . . .

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,509 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buenos Aires Hotels pay in full or deposit?

Yes, our experience, even with booking through each hotel's own website, was the same as Glover's and fit the suggestions of Ricardo and Verobaires. We changed plans a bit en route, but always did 'show up' so were never charged for days we did not stay.

Have you considered looking at Palermo ? or Las Canitas ? You might find less expensive, nice hotels or B&B's there.,

8. Re: Buenos Aires Hotels pay in full or deposit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 17, 2014