We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Days in Buenor Aires

Cape Town
10 posts
Save Topic
2 Days in Buenor Aires

Hello, we are going to be in Buenos Aires for 2, well 2.5 days at end of March. We have booked a tango show and Half-day city classic tour and have a full day still available for a day trip or 2 half day trips.

At the moment I am considering

1. A Cattle ranch day trip. My concern is having grown up on a farm in South Africa, will it really be that interesting and good experience or will i be disappointed.

2. Wine Tasting in Buenos Aires

3. Tigre (or Tigris trip)

Comments and your suggestions appreciated.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Days in Buenor Aires

The usual day trips to Estancias are interesting, but please note that there is no real focus on the cattle operations... not sure you want to focus on this in any special way - perhaps Im reading your post the wrong way. What exactly are you looking to do and see during your trip out to the "Ranch"....? If you could provide some more detail, perhaps we could assist you in finding the best Estancia for you.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Days in Buenor Aires

You will not see much of the city on a half-day tour. Recommend you do the wine tasting and spend the rest of the time seeing the city. It has a lot to offer.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Days in Buenor Aires

I recommend spending more time in BA. The half day tour won't be enough to even make a dent in seeing the city. A tour of Teatro Colon, Recoleta Cemetery and the San Telmo neighborhood would be at the top of my list.

I've done the estancia tours, and it's fine if you have a lot of time, but it really pretty boring. There's so much more to see in the city.

If you're dead set on doing a day trip, my favorite is Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay by ferry.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
765 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Days in Buenor Aires

Hola tony!

Although I think it is not boring the Estancia day, I do think it is for city people, to have the chance to see some countryside in Buenos Aires, and our gaucho's traditions. But, if you spent your childhood in the countryside, I think you might be desappointed, as these are still activities organized for people to visit, and not the common enviroment of the ranch without anyone around, cattle everywhere, and a tranquil silence.

I hope I made it clearer and not complicated the decission even more! lol

As the others say, Buenos Aires has a lot to offer and I do think you would love staying in the city and enjoying the wine tasting in the late afternoon, just before a nice dinner.

Have fun and buen provecho!

Veronica

Say Hueque Argentina Tours

Cape Town
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Days in Buenor Aires

Thank you all. I decided to do some more of BA and also a visit to Tigre. Can't wait now, only 8 days to go.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Days in Buenor Aires

There is a Tourimo shop on Santa Fe run by hte city (not all are) near San Martin Plaza. They can help you. There are free tours by wwwbafreetour.com at 11Am and 5 PM every day that are, yes, free and quite good.

7. Re: 2 Days in Buenor Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, March 20, 2013
8. Re: 2 Days in Buenor Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 22, 2014