We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cell phones--one more question

Fredericton, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
cell phones--one more question

I'm coming into Ezeiza early in the morning. Is there any place at the airport to buy a cheap phone for in-country use?

And I'm assuming the best bet for getting in touch with Canada is via internet cafe?

Thanks for all the helpful information!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cell phones--one more question

Almost nothing is cheap at Ezeiza. I suggest you go into town and purchase an inexpensive phone... else, if you can bring a tri-band GSM phone thats unlocked, that would be your best bet, Im assuming these should be relatively easy to purchase in Canada, or...?

Fredericton, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cell phones--one more question

Thank you! I am staying in Hurlingham and thought it would be difficult to get a phone there.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
785 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cell phones--one more question

Hola!

If you bring your own mobile unblocked, you can get a local sim card anywhere (including Hurlingham).

If not, still in Hurlingham you will be able to get a cheap telephone. They sell them everywhere!

Veronica

Say Hueque Argentina Tours

ps. You can also buy them on-line once you are here at websites like www.garbarino.com that have delivery.

Fredericton, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cell phones--one more question

Thank you so much! I have checked in my town and we are toooo small to have GSM unlocked phones. When I asked at several places, they thought I was crazy--surely I wanted a brand new top-of-the-line phone with a life-time payment plan <grin>.

This is extremely useful information for me--thanks! And if you are ever in Fredericton, New Brunswick, perhaps I can help you out one day!

5. Re: cell phones--one more question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 16, 2014