We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

I'm off to BA for the 1st two weeks of July depsite the weather. I'd like to take Spanish classes while I'm there and maybe drop into a drawing class. I'd love to stay in a cool neighborhood that is also safe (single woman travelling solo). I've been pointed in the direction of Palermo Viejo. What do you think? Any specific hotel recommendations? I'd like to pay no more than $100. WHat about spanish and drawing classes? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

Yes Palermo is a great ! Following are some nice hotels that are around that price, or perhaps a little bit more:

Bo BO

Malabia

Casa Palermo

Another good option is Art Hotel in Recoleta- also for that price and w/ excellent location near shops, museums, etc. really nice.

I'll be happy to teach you Spanish. And a good place for drawing classes is the Bellas Artes.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

PD: the Bellas Artes has short courses and long courses, you would have to find out.

www.mnba.org.ar/actividades.php…

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

llana -- Thanks so much for the information. I would like to get more info on your classes. Can you email me at minagary63@hotmail.com? I know no spanish, but can speak french.

Thanks

HS

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

Of course I concur w/ llana´s hotel proposals ..and would surely hire her for Spanish lessons , maybe if is on her "menu" of prorposals to tour vivitors in arteBA ( Llana ..not sure ..are you a arts experts or just a fan ?..or just like me that "toco de oido" regarding arts :)

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

Santi, I'm not an art expert but I have studied Historia del Arte, painting, etc., and I like to paint (óleo sobre tela) as a hobbie. I don't consider myself good (far from it really), but I do really love to paint, and so my flat is full of my "ugly" paintings all over!

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

http://www.arteba.org/01/es/artebaweb.htm

Pics of last May 2006 ArteBA

sorry llana´s not included :)))))

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

Hi, llana, we share the same hobby. I also paint, badly, but I paint. I love it! Enjoy your stay in Argentina-

Gi

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

A painter from NY is coming in JUly to the NW of Argentina. Maybe you know her. She was painting here for a while. Donot feel lonely...

Llana.

Gi

Argentina
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

A painter from NY is coming in JUly to the NW of Argentina. Maybe you know her. She was painting here for a while. Donot feel lonely...

Llana.

Gi

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buenos Aires 6/29-7/15/06

Ilana lives in BA and, if Big Brother heeds the WILL OF THE PEOPLE, she should soon become LOCAL EXPERT!