We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three (3) Favorite places to dance or watch Tango

Manhattan NY
Level Contributor
271 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Three (3) Favorite places to dance or watch Tango

What are your three (3) favorite places to watch and/or dance tango in the afternnoon and early evening. Martin

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three (3) Favorite places to dance or watch Tango

If you are looking for a full blown Tango show... Rojo Tango gets good reviews... not sure its what you are looking for, as Rojo Tango is a little like what the Vegas shows are, at a smaller production scale/budget of course.

Manhattan NY
Level Contributor
271 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three (3) Favorite places to dance or watch Tango

Thanks but I am not interested in Tango shows. I am asking for the venues that you would go to watch and/or dance tango. Dancing is the key interest. Regards Martin

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three (3) Favorite places to dance or watch Tango

Hi Martin,

If you check the other thread where you posted this question, I gave you several venues where you can dance in the afternoon/evening. There are options every day of the week. I forgot to mention La Glorieta, which is a charming outdoor milonga held on weekends in a park in Belgrano. It starts at 7 p.m.

Manhattan NY
Level Contributor
271 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three (3) Favorite places to dance or watch Tango

perfect

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
84 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Three (3) Favorite places to dance or watch Tango

Hi Martin, for early tango my first choice would be La Glorieta in Belgrano on Sundays. It's in the park right in front of the Belgrano C train station. It starts around 19h, a bit earlier in winter. You can also go even earlier and take the class, Marcelo Salas is the teacher. It's over by 23h, but most dancers head to other milongas afterwards. There is dancing at La Glorieta on other nights as well, but Sunday is the favourite. And it's just magical to be dancing in the middle of a park.

I also enjoy very much Ventanita de Arrabal on Tuesdays, class at 20h, práctica at 22h (that's still considered early, right?). It's on Rivadavia 3832, on the first floor of a charming old apartment with separate spaces: dancing room, living room, bar, etc. No entrance fee, it's "a la gorra" system, which means that you choose how much to pay. The Sexteto Fantasma plays live every Tuesday and there are usually other musicians invited. Small but excellent dance floor, very relaxed style.

Fair prices for food and drinks, and they prepare very good home made empanadas as well as other dishes.

Enjoy tango!

Violeta Deyapa, turismo con personalidad

Manhattan NY
Level Contributor
271 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Three (3) Favorite places to dance or watch Tango

Just what I was looking for, thank you Martin

milan
Level Contributor
124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Three (3) Favorite places to dance or watch Tango

tango show, touristic but nice I took my parents and they liked that...I was suggested by a friend who partecipate to world tango championship,

confiteria ideal, in the city centre,

la catedral and if u want to listen tango there a bar in boulnes y peron called "el boliche de roberto" very nice.....

la virutA in the calle armenia if I remember well, u can have tango lessons as well...

enjopy bsas

8. Re: Three (3) Favorite places to dance or watch Tango

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, April 10, 2013
9. Re: Three (3) Favorite places to dance or watch Tango

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 11, 2014