We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Gold Standard "Best of BA" List

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
The Gold Standard "Best of BA" List

You'll find "best of BA" lists from time to time in various magazines and newspaper travel sections. Usually, they are compiled by someone who does not know the city personally but "researched" the article by being there for three days or by talking to "friends of friends" who supposedly knew something about BA. Very occasionally, a really class publication will seek out a true expert to prepare such a list. Well, The Address magazine sought out Dan Perlman, who posts (much too infrequently) here as Saltshaker, to prepare their list. Dan has lived in BA for many years, runs a closed door restaurant there, knows everyone who is anyone in the city in the food, restaurant, and hotel businesses, as well as the press that covers those businesses, and walks or takes the bus practically daily to every nook and corner of the city to write up his finds on his excellent blog. Dan may well know BA as well as any other living person, BA-born locals included. His list can be found at this link. It is a personal list, of course, as all such things are, so it is subjective. But this one is based on intimate knowledge of the contenders in each category, with a sophisticated eye and lots of relevant intellectual capital applied to the selections. Those coming to BA and interested in "the best" of this or that should definitely consider this list.

www.danperlman.net/addressmag%20article.pdf

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Gold Standard "Best of BA" List

The link seemed not to be opening for me so just to be sure I tried opening it on anothet computer. While I was waiting for the second computer to load the first one completed. I guess that particular site is just a slow poke. It was worth the wait though. Yum.

12. Re: The Gold Standard "Best of BA" List

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 20, 2014