We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borges cultural center

delaware
Level Contributor
178 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Borges cultural center

Hi, I will be in Buenos Aires for two days before going to Patagonia. I am interested in seeing a Tango show on Feb.7 (Thurs). I heard the one in Borges cultural center is good, but couldn't really find any time and price info from their web site

http://www.ccborges.org.ar/indexi.htm

Could somebody (with better Spanish :)) checking for me whether there is a Tango show the night of Feb 7 (or Feb 8 as backup), and the time?

Thanks very much for the help.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Borges cultural center

The schedule for the two tango shows were listed for January. It doesn't look like the February schedule is listed as yet. The Passion Tango was on Mondays at 8pm and the Good Tango was on Friday and Saturdays at 8pm.

I have seen the Passion Show and it is very good. These two tango shows have been repeating so I would imagine that they will be the same in February, Have a look at the calender and see which one falls on your dates of the week as listed now.

It's not a problem getting tickets since I have gotten them for friends in the afternoon for that evening.

delaware
Level Contributor
178 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Borges cultural center

Hi, Ricardo

Thanks for the info.

Could you post the link for the schedule? I couldn't seem to find it on their website.

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,518 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Borges cultural center

I used your link then click on "mas info". On the left hand side of page it says"funciones: lunes(Monday) in enero(January) at 2000 horas (8PM) and likewise for the other tango show.

In february, they will post the days and times for each show, but probably the same.

delaware
Level Contributor
178 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Borges cultural center

Ricardo,

Got it. I will check back in Feb.

Thanks.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,606 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Borges cultural center

I strongly advise sticking to a recommended show, such as the Passion show mentioned by Ricardo. The Borges Center offers a variety of productions, some are not very good while others are excellent.....some include both music and dance, while others are limited to music only. Stay with a recommended show and you will have an enjoyable experience at a fraction of the cost of the more commercial dinner theaters.

Edited: 6:52 am, January 18, 2013
delaware
Level Contributor
178 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Borges cultural center

Unfortunately, Passion of Tango is only available Monday which doesn't fit with my itinerary. I see they have 4 tango shows and one concert. Has anybody seen the other shows and how was it?

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Nice
Level Contributor
3,418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Borges cultural center

A year ago, it took me almost 2 weeks of dropping into the Borges' Centre every day or other day to buy tickets to "Pasion de Tango" because they kept switching around the nights of different shows.

The published schedules weren't reliable over that period. I don't know if that's a normal state of affairs or not. I saw "Pasion" eventually. It was worth my persistence although I'd have appreciated not having to be in the area around Florida Street so often.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Nice
Level Contributor
3,418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Borges cultural center

Every time I went to the box office, one of the ticket sellers spoke English. I was able to ask her to tell me which productions had more tango dance in them than tango singing, and which ones were non-tango, folkloric music. shows. Once I ascertained those, I could then ask her which dance show SHE thought was the best. I always got a definite answer. Again, it REALLY pays to turn up there in person if you know the type of entertainment you want, and certainly if you're a dancer.

delaware
Level Contributor
178 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Borges cultural center

sockhopper,

that is useful information. thanks.

London, England
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Borges cultural center

I am only in BA for one Saturday before joining a cruise. Please could somebody translate the details of the show at the Centre Borges that night. It is called 'Bien Tango'. Is it just dancing or a review type show? Thanks