We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in BA for 3 days

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in BA for 3 days

Thinking og staying 3 days in BA in November 2013. May I please have suggestions for the right general area. We are late60s with limited mobility. many thanks

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,490 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in BA for 3 days

Hello,

I'd suggest the Recoleta area: at a convenient distance from most of the main attractions, it's one of the nicest areas of the city, and last but not least: the sidewalks in Recoleta are in better shape than anywhere else in Buenos Aires!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
763 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in BA for 3 days

I agree with vero, Recoleta is really good area.

I also like Palermo. Many restaurantes around, you have the parks not so far, and lot of shoping opportunities.

Palermo Soho might be a good option for you, look for something in a distance of no more than 6 blocks from Plaza Serrano.

Have a nice time in our city!

Veronica

Say Hueque Argentina Tours

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in BA for 3 days

Recoleta, as Vero notes above, is my strong suggestion as well, given your limited time and mobility considerations. And Kudos for planning so far ahead.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,435 posts
756 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in BA for 3 days

Definitely I agree with all the others. Recoleta would be THE neighborhood to stay in. The most central and upscale neighborhood. Everything is very close and it's very walkable.

There are many options for accommodations in Recoleta from many hotels to apartment rentals (most have only 3 night minimums).

Have a great trip.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,845 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in BA for 3 days

November is a fantastic time to be here, with the jacarandas in full bloom and the weather pretty much perfect every day.

My sister-in-law has a little mobility problem , they stay in Recoleta at the Etoile Hotel. It is a very nice hotel and in a good spot for walking, sightseeing, enjoying the beautiful parks and museums.

For a short stay, it is perfect.

Sydney, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in BA for 3 days

Thanks for your assistance

Have been quite taken by The Glu Hotel in Palermo - pretty adjacent to Recoleta

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,845 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in BA for 3 days

If there are mobility problems, be careful of sidewalks. Some areas have terrible broken sidewalks. Also, you can take a taxi pretty cheaply from The Glu, in Palermo Soho to Recoleta etc .. you can't walk from Soho, unless you are in super good walking shape.

Edited: 8:17 pm, November 17, 2012
8. Re: Where to stay in BA for 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 16, 2013