We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tango shows

Ohio
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
tango shows

We are looking for suggestions for a wonderful tango show where we do not have to have dinner. Do they typically run every evening or just on weekends? Thanks

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tango shows

There are many, many tango shows to choose from every night of the week. Some let you choose dinner or drinks (but the dinner seats have the best and closest view), and others have the dinner show early, around 8:30, and the drinks only show later around 10:30. Despite the big variety in prices, most of the shows consist of the same ingredients: live music, man and woman solo singers, and a company of young and beautiful dancers. The higher the price, the more of each you get.

My partner and I prefer La Ventana in San Telmo because of the fabulous and huge live orchestra, and the section of folklore music and dance included within the tango show. We haven't seen it, but Tango Rojo in the Faena Hotel in Puerto Madero is the most glitzy and Las-Vegas like of them all.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tango shows

I agree 100%. La Ventana is in my opinion the best available show in Buenos Aires. One detail: you can book what they call "vip" table and you will be right next to the stage without having your dinner there. Of course it is a bit more expensive.

The Faena show is also very good. But In my opinion just too pricey and I personally do not like the show taking place in a hotel.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,560 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tango shows

Esteban, The stage-side VIP seating without dinner is a very important detail. The only reason I sometimes book the dinner-show option at a Tango show is because dinner guests get better seats. If great seats can be had without dinner, it leaves visitors free to eat a good meal elsewhere before heading out to a show. Nice tip, thanks.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: tango shows

We saw the show at La Ventana in Jan.,2010. We loved it! It's the only one we saw, so can't compare it. Loved the ambience of the room!

5. Re: tango shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 18, 2013