We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting chile from buenos aires

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
visiting chile from buenos aires

Hi

Can someone tell me with limited time on my hands is it worth visiting Chile from Buenos Aires and where would be the nearest nice place to visit for a day or two.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting chile from buenos aires

It depends on what sort of things you are interested in seeing. If I had three days to spare (because one is travelling time) I would fly to Santiago and then Calama and go to San Pedro de Atacama. This is assuming you are talking about this time of year. If it were summer then I would go South and visit Torres Del Paine. But I am assuming that you would have already visited many areas of Argentina, otherwise I would visit something local as Argentina has so many beautiful and interesting places.

Edited: 4:03 pm, September 23, 2012
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting chile from buenos aires

Hiya, Thanks for the advice. Slight change of plan, i will be flying to Santiago from Montevideo, Uruguay and will have three days there so abit of time to explore. Loving your profile picture, is that the Maldives? Bora Bora? Very nice! :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting chile from buenos aires

Its on the t/a site; it looks to me like Bora Bora. You could also just visit Santiago. Personally I like it, plenty to keep you occupied for three days.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
348 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visiting chile from buenos aires

Valparaiso is very scenic and interesting town. I preferred it to Santiago.. Easy bus ride to get there.

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: visiting chile from buenos aires

How long is the bus journey, can it be done on a day trip from Santiago?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
765 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visiting chile from buenos aires

Dear Garywalker,

From Santiago to Valpo (friendly way to call Valparaiso) it's about 1 hour (a little more).

I would say for three days I would explore Valparaiso and Viña del Mar- or I would take an airplane and fly to Calama to see San Pedro de Atacama.

I don't know if you havee been in a desert before, but if not, it is an unforgettable experience.

Otherwise, Valpo and Viña will be a lovely experience.

Have a great trip! (remember to; drink pisco sour, eat salmon, and go to a "Café con Piernas" in Santiago).

Veronica

Say Hueque Tours

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visiting chile from buenos aires

Hello! not to get angry our neirghbors from the other side of Los Andes, but dont you think about going to el Glaciar Perito Moreno, or Cataratas de Iguazú? (Iguazú Falls). It s really worth it.

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: visiting chile from buenos aires

Thanks guys for the highly informative information. I will take on board all of your advice and have a fantastic time, we cant wait to go. I think we'll be going to Valpo and Vina del Mar :-) Oh and i'll be visiting Iguazu Falls the previous week which we are really looking forward to aswell.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visiting chile from buenos aires

Ok, if you like football, you are invited!

good luck !

10. Re: visiting chile from buenos aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 07, 2013