We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

Madison, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

Is there an entry fee for International passengers arriving by plane at EZE (Buenos Aires International Airport)? If so, does anyone know the price per passenger?

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,640 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

Yes. The fee is determined by the amount charged by the US government for citizens of Argentina to visit the United States, currently USD 160. The fee may be paid in dollars or the equivalent amount in pesos. Credit cards are also accepted. The entry fee is valid for 10 years and permits unlimited entries.

West Yellowstone...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

Do non Americans have to pay it as well?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,562 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

Some nationalities, yes. Canadians, yes. (So long Argentina!)

http://www.google.com/search?q=argentina+reciprocity+fee

Madison, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

We are arriving by plane and leaving the same day by ship. We are not staying in Argentina. Will we still be subject to the $160 fee? Seems a lot of money for 6 hours!

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

OHtraveler, I am surprised your cruise line did not alert you to this fee, and I'm also surprised that the cruise line has not made some kind of arrangement with the Argentinian authorities for this fee to be waived for its passengers who are, really, "in transit." I suggest you contact the cruise line immediately.

Failing some kind of special arrangement, my best guess is that you will have to pay the fee. You will be entering Argentina, and to do so you have to receive a visa stamp in your passport, and to get a visa stamp you have to pay this fee. I could be wrong, and maybe someone else knows better.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,640 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

If you arrive on an international flight and land at either AEP or EZE airports in Buenos Aires, yes, you will pay the entry fee. Might as well arrive a couple of days early and see Buenos Aires, since you will already by our 160 bucks each.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,640 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

Punta, I am equally surprised that a. the cruise line did not inform passengers about the fee, and b. that the cruise lines have not worked out an arrangement for "in transit" arrivals who go directly from the airport to the ship.

Madison, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

I've contacted the cruise line and am waiting for a reply. I noticed that we also stop in Puerto Madryn, Argentina also, so perhaps we will need to pay this fee.

Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

Whoa! We leave Thursday and just now learned about this. Guess the good old days of BsAs being a good value are gone!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
209 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Entry Fee for Buenos Aires at airport

OMG! This is really a surprise to me, none of the guide books we read highlighted this. So is this like the visa fee to enter the country? I hope there's no fee in Chile which is our next stop after BA. We are leaving in a couple of months I guess I will have to include this in our budget. Yikes!

Edited: 11:45 pm, August 15, 2012