We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish classes in BA

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Spanish classes in BA

Hey guys

I'm heading to BA for a few months in Oct and am keen to do an intensive Spanish language class when I first arrive for a month or so.

Anybody have any recommendations from personal experiences?

Thanks for your help!

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanish classes in BA

Byzal:

Here are two links that will provide some guidance:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312741-i979-k4147…

and

consultingrehab.com/2010/…

Good luck.

~MarnieWDC

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
238 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish classes in BA

I am wrapping up four months in Barrio Norte, Buenos Aires, where I have been on sabbatical, engaged in writing and in Spanish study.

For those seeking an excellent Spanish language tutor, I'd like to recommend Gabriela Ferrante (http://www.gabrielaferrante.com.ar/).

I arrived with proficiency in Spanish, those with a way to go in clear and certain use of the subjunctive tense. I worked with Gabriela three days a week, two hours each day, and strides forward are measurable!

Gabriela eschews the classroom and directs the student to a new cafe, museum, or other engaging location for each class. Hence, one learns a tremendous amount about the city (which I thought I already knew well, having spent four months in Buenos Aires in 2006) in addition to expanding practical language ability.

I work best with a mix of formal grammar instruction, and with opportunity for conversation implementing the grammar I am assimilating, and Gabriela offered both. She works with students at every level, and offers what I found to be, following many years of Spanish study, the best learning experience to date.

Classes are conducted in Spanish, though Gabriela is completely fluent in English, and, I gather, also in French and Italian.

I know I need references when attempting to find useful schools and private tutors, so here's my two-cents regarding one of the finest profesoras around!

GFWTRES

Mentioned in this post
Barrio Norte
Barrio Norte
82 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spanish classes in BA

GFWTRES: I couldn't agree more about Gabriela Ferrante - she is a gifted teacher and a fine lady. My husband and I both benefited from her lessons - and hope to study with her again, in 2012.

If the OP is more interested in classes - he could find those with Gabriela as well ; and/or through the links for classes suggested above.

byza1 - please keep us updated on your progress.

Suerte !

~Marnie

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spanish classes in BA

Thanks everyone!

I'm starting my classes in just over a week and settled on Vamos Spanish (www.vamosspanish.com). I'll let you know how it goes!

5. Re: Spanish classes in BA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 10, 2012
;