We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

Austin
2 posts
Save Topic
Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

we are staying in Buenos Aires for 4 nights was thinking of staying at the American Beunos Aires Hotel can't find any info. on it

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

Amerian rather than American, I think.....

located smack dab in the middle of downtown....I don't know much about the rooms, etc. other than the hotel is chrome and glass on the outside. TA lists it at 3 stars, and this is probably accurate.

For the 90 to 100 range, I would look at a couple of other options that I would personally consider superior hotels.....

1. NH Latino or NH Jousten. Downtown area, but better located. The Jousten is more of a botique hotel...the latino is geared toward business....

2. Art Suites. Recoleta. One bedrooms suites are 95dollars.

3. Art Hotel Barrio Norte/Recoleta. good location.

4. Plaza Francia. Recoleta

5. Howard Johnsons Plaza (on Florida street pedestrian mall)

Or, if in Austin you are a South by Southwest, 6th street, kind of person....try anywhere in Palermo Viejo/soho....some of the rooms at Bobo, Home and Five fit your budget...this is a trendy area.....

Mentioned in this post
Hotel NH Buenos Aires Latino
Hotel NH Buenos Aires...
1,100 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Recoleta
Recoleta
18,666 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Barrio Norte
Barrio Norte
80 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Plaza Francia
Plaza Francia
864 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Palermo Viejo
Palermo Viejo
349 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
BoBo Hotel
BoBo Hotel
853 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

I generally stay at the Viamonte Suites Hotel on Viamonte Street. About 2 blocks behind the Colon Opera House. The rate is about 45 dollars per night including breakfast plus 21% Vat. Centrally located. Decent english from the desk staff. Clean large rooms. Microwave. Fridge. Table and two chairs. Internet in the room. Nice bath. I like this palce. Lots of services nearby. Short walk to Corrientes, Santa Fe, 9 del Julio. Quiet at night. Safe area. My home away from home in BA.

Mentioned in this post
Colon
Colon
Province of Entre Rios, Argentina
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
383 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

The Cambremon is worth a look.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

just returned from BA. spent three nights, then to patagonia, then three more night on the back side of our trip. there are SO many choices, we had a hard time deciding where to stay. we ended up at ayres de recoleta (www.ayresderecoleta.com) and loved it. the location is unbeatable, 100 feet from cemetary and right next to village recoleta (full of restaurants and outdoor cafes). a short cab ride to all central sights. we saw everything we wanted to see and never spent more than u$s6 on a taxi. most less than u$s4. easy for cabbies to find also, which was a plus. rooms were perfect and included a fully stocked kitchenette. first time to argentina but will definately stay there again when we are back in BA.

again, there are so many places to stay in the city but we were amazingly happy with this hotel/apartment and it sounds like it is in your spending range. check it out.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

postscript.....we payed u$s86 per night tax included. staff was great.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

SB, thanks for the information about this aparthotel....I have wondered about it...so it is nice to read a review from someone who has stayed there....

arlington, VA
Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

FYI on other hotel experience feedback: I stayed at 3 different hotels in Buenos Aires (plus one in bariloche and 3 in Uruguay)...

(1) Art Hotel in Recoleta (mentioned above). Very neat place and in your budget (we had a U$S 60 room)...small, but once you adjust your mindset -- very worth it. Some have commented on attitude of staff, but I found that if you initiate a friendly conversation (or even a "buenos dias") they are very friendly. Also stayed at Bo Bo Hotel in Palermo: just totally excellent on all counts...different prices for different rooms, but none extravagent in price. Claridge also nice, but I was a little disappointed in the room (got a rate of U$S 120 per night). Claridge is in microcenter near Florida Ave...very hectic area but good for a variety of last minute shopping options.

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Uruguay
Uruguay
South America
Recoleta
Recoleta
18,666 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Palermo
Palermo
5,217 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Claridge Hotel
Claridge Hotel
1,429 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
8. Re: Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 pm, February 25, 2006
Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

tangoconmigo....thinly veiled self promotion in my opinion. I think I beat AV to the punch for reporting this violation of board rules...

arlington, VA
Level Contributor
91 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buenos Aires that is aorund 90-100 US pe night

dr_d... I was thinking the same thing when I saw that post on the other stream in which we were also replying (re: nite life...).

(also, thanx for the feedback on uga and texas...I never had chance to do the study abroad thing (like one of my nephews just did and my niece is planning on!). seems like such a great way to learn....good luck!)

On hotel research in general: I found that the internet photos may give a slightly exaggerated image of scale/newness... Also, besides this TA forum, Fodors and Frommers on line sites seem to provide a pretty good overview of hotel facilities. Once I saw an interesting possibility, I Googled the hotel name and tried to find a direct web link to really get more scoop and possibly make a reservation.