We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

student residencia - Uniersity of Bueons Aires - dr dawggyy?

London, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
student residencia - Uniersity of Bueons Aires - dr dawggyy?

My daughter is studying at UBA from 26 March and the student residencia she hoped to stay at is booked up. Can dr dawggy on anyone else recommend a student residencia which may still have free places and is reasonably close to UBA area?

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
383 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: student residencia - Uniersity of Bueons Aires - dr dawggyy?

How long is she here for? Her best bet may be to lodge with a family until she gets her bearings.

London, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: student residencia - Uniersity of Bueons Aires - dr dawggyy?

Pierre, thanks for the reply. She's been in Buenos Aires very happily since September. She and a friend decided they wanted to move to a residencia for this coming term, but they applied too late to the one they had chosen. (She's now away travelling, returning to BA in early March.)On one of "dr dawggy"'s messages he mentioned that he supervised students from abroad, including placing them in residencias, which is why I put his name in the topic, to get his attention.

London, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: student residencia - Uniersity of Bueons Aires - dr dawggyy?

Pierre, I also put a message up requesting advice on accommodation (for short visit) in Mendoza, as somewhere you wrote that you knew of good options?

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,642 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: student residencia - Uniersity of Bueons Aires - dr dawggyy?

Write Mariano or Mauro at masterexhange@fibertel.com.ar and tell them I referred you. They are very nice guys and their residencia is well located in Palermo, between Plaza Serrano and Plaza Italia. I can't promise they will have room either, because most residencias are full or near capacity.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,642 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: student residencia - Uniersity of Bueons Aires - dr dawggyy?

Write Mariano or Mauro at masterexhange@fibertel.com.ar and tell them I referred you. They are very nice guys and their residencia is well located in Palermo, between Plaza Serrano and Plaza Italia. I can't promise they will have room either, because most residencias are full or near capacity.

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: student residencia - Uniersity of Bueons Aires - dr dawggyy?

http://www.residenciamayor.com.ar/

Know nothing about student residencias guess this might be a good one ..maybe DD knows them ...

London, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: student residencia - Uniersity of Bueons Aires - dr dawggyy?

Many thanks for your help, DD. I have written to Mariano/Mauro.