We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires Airport safety..

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Buenos Aires Airport safety..

Hi all,↲

I wl be in B.aires fr 20-22May.i hv an 830A.M Flight to catch to LIMA/CUZCO on 23may.i need advice as to whether i should checkout on 22May and take taxi to Ezeiza airport late evening and just spend the nite at the airport OR checkout on 23may and get EARLY MRNG Taxi to airport?whc is the SAFEST option as I wl be travelling on own.Thanks

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,908 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Buenos Aires Airport safety..

I would catch the early taxi to EZE and spend your last evening in the city.

The airport area is not a good place to stay because of a lack of decent accomodations.

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
2. Re: Buenos Aires Airport safety..

hi Ricardo,↲

My main concern is Safety and not sure if it's safe to take an early mrng taxi ,say at 5AM to the airport.plus i dont speak any Spanish except for HOLA and GRACIAS..

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,908 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Buenos Aires Airport safety..

The taxi can be prearranged by utilizing the website for TAXIEZE. These are private cars and are very safe. The price will be preset at 120 pesos from the center to EZE.

These cars operate 24 hours/day and you should reserve a few days in advance.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,491 posts
770 reviews
4. Re: Buenos Aires Airport safety..

Definitely listen to Ricardo on this. It's easy to take taxis from the city and there won't be any traffic at that early morning hour. That area around the airport I don't even know of anything and the area can be shady. Definitely stay in town and just pre-arrange with a private driver to take you back to the airport if you don't want to arrange a taxi. There are several English speaking drivers. PM me if you want and I can give you an email address for the company I use. Very reliable and honest.

London
Level Contributor
513 posts
160 reviews
5. Re: Buenos Aires Airport safety..

Hiya

Our flight got cancelled so we ended up sleeping at BA - definitely not to be recommended!

somewhere out there
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
6. Re: Buenos Aires Airport safety..

Thank you all for your advice!

To Saint Ba: can you give eme the email address of the reputable taxi service , so that I can pre-book my taxi to the airport. IF I'm fling to Peru (International) and my flight is 830 AM , should I atleast be theer 2 hours before the flight , by 630AM? If so how early should I leave from Buenos Aires (Recoleta area)

7. Re: Buenos Aires Airport safety..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, October 29, 2012