We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time travel to Argenta

Lafayette LA
7 posts
Save Topic
First time travel to Argenta

Need help, want to travel to Buenos Aires. Visit and dance.

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time travel to Argenta

Make a cup of coffee. Get comfortable in front of the computer and start going through all the prior postings here. Your questions have been covered in detail several times. Not blowing you off. Get a paper and pencil and write down a list of what you found interesting and then ask questions that have not been addressed or need clarification. Trust me your trip to Argentina will be wonderful. Looking forward to specific questions.

New York City
Level Contributor
594 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time travel to Argenta

We are here to help, but as the esteemed Veritas suggests.....meet us half way.

Try the green search bar with specific topics and get back to us for clarification.

"Visit and dance" is a pretty broad and imprecise specification.

Were you just checking to see if anyone was listening? We understand.

Now get to work.

Tio Pepe

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time travel to Argenta

Or ask Dtin´s for his "Bible" of tips ....she has copied and pasted very good info from the forum :))) Malbec´s among other specialties...

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time travel to Argenta

Good morning! I feel it would be unfair to ask DTin for HER bible of tips.

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time travel to Argenta

I sometimes wonder if TripAdvisor itself posts these general questions just to get the discussion going in a current thread? Also I have been in some forums where there is a section devoted to the basic, commonly asked questions. The goal is to have a central place for newcomers to start and not tire out the regular contributers from repetition.

Lafayette LA
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First time travel to Argenta

Sounds good to me , where do I go?

My wife and I have never been to Argentina, and would like to travel there. Site seeing and dancing. We are both over 65, want someting safe and fun.

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time travel to Argenta

Click on the link Argentina Forums. You will see over 80 pages of topics. Just page through the topics clicking on the ones that interest you. Make notes as I suggested. You should have a list of places to see, things to do, and more questions to ask. You can also search for a specific topic using the green search bar.

But too start you off. You will probably be flying out of Miami or Dallas/Fort Worth. I would suggest a direct flight. It will be an overnight flight. Once in Argentina it is easy to get from the airport to the city. There are many neighborhoods (from quiet and refined to noisy and brash) and hotels (5 star superstars to 2 star budget digs) to choose from. Good restaurants are easy to find. Again every taste and budget. Plenty to see. Historical and cultural sites. Formal gardens and zoos. Shopping abounds. Nightlife is the name of the game. Tango, discos, pubs. Again all tastes and all budgets. Buenos Aires is a very walkable city. Public transportation is excellent.

You will be reluctant to leave.

Now...go search or read up on past topics and hit us with any questions your research uncovers. Have fun and good luck.

New York City
Level Contributor
594 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time travel to Argenta

Alright...listen up.

We can ABSOLUTELY help you, but one thing you REALLY ought to do is go buy or borrow a travel guide to Argentina.

Spend an hour leafing through it; pay careful attention to the Buenos Aires section.

Get a sense of the place, and bring back your detailed questions.

Tio Pepe

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time travel to Argenta

Agree with Tio Pepe. here my 2 cents:

A travel guide/s /Books/Maps/Web search

are all good options...Intelligent Curiocity powers and empowers .

And TA (of course) :))))))))))))))))

As for websites try

welcomeargentina.com

interpatagonia.com

easybuenosairescity.com

For forums travelsur.net has some friendly and serious info. ...

Fliertalk forum ( look for Gaucho thread), last but not least Fodors, Frommers.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
664 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First time travel to Argenta

Guys, my TA 'bible' is verrrrry expensive. Minimum price is RT ticket PDX/EZE.

DT, local expert 'groupie'