We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental Airlines

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Continental Airlines

Has anyone flown the new Houston/BA route with Continental? If so, how was your experience -- I'm particularly interested in coach. Thanks!

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Continental Airlines

All coach seats are going to be about the same regardless of airline. If you can, try and score an exit row seat for extra leg room. The one behind the first class bulkhead is also good. Not sure how long a flight from Houston. I would guess in the 8 hour range or less. I fly out of New York and that runs about 11 hours more or less. I take an Ambien shortly after takeoff and I am asleep within an hour or so. I bring foam earplugs available at any major pharmacy, eyeshades and one of the stupid inflatable looking neck pillows. You will be served a meal upon takeoff. If it is overnight flight, which most are, it will be dinner of course. Generally they show at least one movie. You get a light breakfast in the morning. I fly American because it is the cheapest out of NYC direct and I like their frequent flier awards. I have never found Continental's prices to be competitive at least when I last checked. Maybe they are better now. Ton's of Americans heading to Argentina. Hope they don't spoil a good thing.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
371 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Continental Airlines

I did the American flight from JFK as well with the return out of Sao Paulo. I had a nice seat in the first row after 1st class with nice leg room. And I was smart enough to remember earplugs--a MUST if you plan to sleep!

Cont. is my first before Amer. for my airlines of choice though American's 10+ JFK-EZE wasn't bad at all.

By the way, is is me or is Cont. gettin' more & more stingy with leg room? ('Cause I'm sure not growin' any more!)

washington, DC
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Continental Airlines

I'm going on this flight in March and hope it's a good one. I'm coming from DC and have a 12 hour layover in Houston first, no so good. But I got this as an award ticket through Delta, so you can't complain for a free ticket right? Thanks for the tip on securing seats! I should do that soon.