We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in BA

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First time in BA

Its my first time to BA and i'm wondering which is the best are to stay in, i want somewhere safe and thats close to everything and public transport if i need it. Any suggestions?

Im considering an apartment in Puerto Madero, what is that area like and is it central to places?

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in BA

Aussiegirl

Almost all your questions have been answered in the forum , pls. use the search bar from Trip advisor . I pesonally won´t choose Puerto Madero but Recoleta / Retiro and Palermo areas for ex.

nyc
Level Contributor
513 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in BA

Puerto Madero is the most expensive area of BA to stay. Some people like it because of the great restaurants and luxurious hotels. Others do not consider it the real BA, since it is the newly redone port area and it is a little bit divorced from BA proper(although quite close)

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in BA

Its a beautifull area for offices ( Lots of fresh air from the Rio de la Plata) ...and as "Dole" posts its kind of divorced from the city thou nice for a walk,lunch, dinning, ...Very expensive area , specially after Faena´s marketing campaign .. agree Doledrums ?

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in BA

Doledrums:

Next time you visit BA , if interested will invite you to one of the nicest places for lunch in Puerto Madero, the Yacth Club Argentino where my wife is a member.

Having lunch under the Ceibo Tree in this Club with some fresh air from the River Plate is really nice ( Not in winter June / July as its very cold).

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in BA

If it's your first time in BA, Puerto Madero may not be such a good idea, cause you will be relatively far from everything... I would suggest you to look into Recoleta/Palermo areas, where you will feel much more comfortable, close to transportation, shops, restaurants, etc. Aside from that, Puerto Madero, will (as many said) be more expensive.