We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bank machines in buenos aires

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
winnipeg
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
bank machines in buenos aires

A lot of people have been advising taking out an odd number of pesos from the ATM (299 was suggested)

Will this really work? My experience here in Canada and also with ATMs in Mexico is that they are only loaded with large bills. Are you really able to get one peso notes from these machines?

Thanks

Bill

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bank machines in buenos aires

Usually works, did it today....

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bank machines in buenos aires

I'm not that sure you can get something like $ 299. According to my experience, ATMs don't have 2 or 5 pesos bills. 10 pesos is usually the smallest bill they deliver, in some cases 20, according to the bank. So asking for $ X90 (being X whatever you want) will be usually ok.

When using ATMs, beware that nobody is watching in order to try to rob you.

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bank machines in buenos aires

Dolape is wright .. type for AR$ 290 NOT 299 ..sorry ..

winnipeg
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bank machines in buenos aires

Thanks alot. If you can get 10 or even 5 peso notes, that helps the change sitluation.

Bill

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bank machines in buenos aires

surely 10 pesos notes

6. Re: bank machines in buenos aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:58 am, February 02, 2006