We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public pools and sundecks in BA

kent
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Public pools and sundecks in BA

I am heading out to Buenos Aires for a couple of weeks in a few days. I know I can expect some hot and sticky weather, so I'm hoping to chill out and aclimatize for the first week and maybe pick up some much needed colour, but don't think I can afford any of the hotels with pools. What are the opportunities for public outdoor swimming/sunbathing? Does anyone know of a good lido or a reasonable hotel with an outdoor pool/terrace?

Would be grateful for any tips.

Portland
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Public pools and sundecks in BA

take santi's boat trip! you can get all the sun you want out on the river!

Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Public pools and sundecks in BA

Santi's boat trip must be wonderful in the summer season...the riverside is usually much cooler and the breeze gnerate by a moving boat even better. Plus maybe you can get santiago to let you take a bath in the river!!

Pools in Buenos Aires:

Punta Carrasco (Costanera and Sarmiento, 4807 1010) has great pools and broad space for sun bathing. Nice and classy. Costs AR$20 the full pool day.

KDT Pool (Costanera and Salguero, 4807 7700)nice pool, less classy but lots of fun, within a club. Costs AR$5 the full pool day and you can get a monthly pass for AR$20 and go as many times as you want.

They are private but open to the public with a cover rate as I mentioned...It is a good more affordable option than a pool within the hotel...

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
617 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public pools and sundecks in BA

chopina 13 thanks for the information. While spending my(Canadian)winters in Buenos Aires I have often wished that there was a pool that I could use on an occasional basis but since I thought that they were all "clubs" I gave the idea up. This year I will know better and when the urge overtakes me I'll know where to head.

kent
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public pools and sundecks in BA

Thanks for this info.....that is a great help.

Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public pools and sundecks in BA

The KDT monthly pass is AR$40 (and not AR$20 as I wrote before) Much apologies for my mistake...

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public pools and sundecks in BA

Club de amigos in Palermo is a top one.. taked my kids many times..its for adults too . Its just excellent.