We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

Bielefeld, Germany
Level Contributor
85 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

We are going to enjoy a week in Buenos Aires next February, before leaving there on a cruise around the Horn and ending in Valparaiso. I've been following all the suggestions of the DEs here and am very grateful for the help.

I've found 2 interesting properties for the week's stay. One is with buenosairesstay (REC305 at Vincente Lopez / Pueyrredon) and the other with apartmentsba (P1 at Viasoro/Charcas). Any preference for either of the two areas - Palermo or Recoleta? We want to do some "serious sightseeing", etc., wild nightlife (bars, etc.) is not a major priority, lovely surroundings, comfort, not too much street noise are. Still need to check out some info with both companies, i.e. on what floor the apt. is located and whether there is an elevator in the building.

I've already spent more time searching that we will probably actually spend in whichever apt. we rent, but I like to do a thorough search. There may be a couple more possibilities and hope it's o.k. to continue asking! Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Valparaiso
Valparaiso
Valparaiso Region, Chile
Palermo
Palermo
5,319 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Recoleta
Recoleta
19,175 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,417 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

The block of Vicente Lopez from Azcuenaga to Pueyrredon, has a bit of noise on weekends.. with some bars and clubs that are mostly located at the corner of Azcuenaga but it can get a bit rowdy there sometimes.. plus it is not at all what one could call a lovely location.

I would keep looking.

I don't know the Charcas location.

You want to know if there is a safe in the apt also.

and a/c ... you will want Air Conditioning in the bedroom especially.

Keep looking, there are a gazillion good apartments for rent here and some good companies besides Buenos Aires Stay which is good but there are a lot of choices.

The time that you spend in the apt is important though- it is when you will be resting / sleeping so you can enjoy your days here so it is important in that way.

Edited: 6:51 pm, May 08, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

Charcas/Virasoro is a great location -- lots of great little food places (good take-out, too) and very convenient to transportation. Charcas and Güemes are busy streets, but it looks like the apartment is midway between them. I would still ask ApartmentsBA about noise in the bedrooms, since they both overlook the street.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

Sorry to butt in, but I am also considering an apartment in Recoleta, but not really sure about the locations, since I have never been there before. Are there any pointers to which parts of Recoleta is "better", and which parts are not so good?

I guess I am looking for somewhere not too rowdy/ noisy, yet easy walk to cafes/ bakeries/ restaurants/ supermarkets.

Edited: 3:57 am, May 09, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Recoleta
Recoleta
19,175 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,679 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

Most apartments which are located on the back of the building will be very quiet, even if they are located on a busy street.

A very nice area of Recoleta is around Vicente Lopez Park. This area is lovely with many services,restaurants,bakeries,cafes,shops,etc. It is walking distance to many of the city's sightseeing areas.

If you choose an apartment of a busy street such as Las Heras,Callao,Vicnete Lopez then make sure that it is on the back side and it's like being in the country.

Have a look at www.buenosaireshabitat.com and www.apartmentsba.com. They have some very nice properties in this area.

Mentioned in this post
Recoleta
Recoleta
19,175 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Callao Suites
Callao Suites
378 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

A very nice area of Recoleta is around Vicente Lopez Park

------------------------------------------

Where exactly is this? Google maps does not seem to name the green spaces.

Mentioned in this post
Recoleta
Recoleta
19,175 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,679 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

Vicente LopezPark is bordered by Streets Vicente Lopez,Montevideo,Parana,Arenales,Juncal. It is located between Libertad and Callao.

Have a look at Google and see it you can locate now,

Mentioned in this post
Montevideo
Montevideo
Montevideo Department, Uruguay
Parana
Parana
Province of Entre Rios, Argentina
Hotel Arenales
Hotel Arenales
82 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Callao Suites
Callao Suites
378 Reviews
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fayetteville
Level Contributor
249 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

buenosaireshabitat.com/apartment_n144.html

We recently contacted buenos aires habitat about a two week rental for next March. They said they were only renting for monthly stays and to contact them later (June) for stays under a month. Seemed odd to me.

The above apartment faces the front and there is some traffic noise but it did not bother us.

It is near the park RicardoBA mentions. We followed Ricardo's advice last year and it helped us find the apartment. His suggestions are very good.

Good luck.

Rich

8. Re: Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, May 10, 2010
9. Re: Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, May 10, 2010
Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,417 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Short-Term Apts.- Which do you recommend??

Every time someone asks for apartment rental options, I notice a sudden flurry of first time posters advertising .

I am not accusing anyone but I would warn the posters here that this does happen ... too often but there you have it.