We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buenos aires & rio for xmas & new year's - hot or not?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
buenos aires & rio for xmas & new year's - hot or not?

Hi, I'm so excited just thinking about this trip but I want to do some homework before I go crazy! :o)

My plan is to land at Buenos Aires around 23-24th of December...spend a few days there. Then take a bus to Rio de Janeiro and stop at Iguazu falls on the way. And end it with New Year's in Rio.

I was looking at tickets from NYC and they are all upwards of $1000. I thought that was quite expensive. Is that how much I can expect to pay around that time of the year?

Please let me know your esteemed thoughts and feel free to suggest better itineraries.

Goal of trip - fun and party on a budget (don't want to spend more than 1500-2000 USD per person).

Thanks very very much!

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,803 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buenos aires & rio for xmas & new year's - hot or not?

Your airflight ticket price sound correct for that time of year since it's vacation time in S. America then. It will be Summer so the temps will be quite warm.

www.omnilineas.com for bus schedules.

2. Re: buenos aires & rio for xmas & new year's - hot or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 24, 2010