We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking Water

St. Charles, IL
7 posts
Save Topic
Drinking Water

Hi all,

We arrive in BA on Saturday and was just wondering if we have to worry about drinking the water? Any foods we should stay away from? Really looking forward to the trip, thanks to help from all of you.

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking Water

Welcome to Argentina !

There is a intersting thread on the subject, please use the green search bar from Trip A.

I drink, in BA, water same as almost all Porteños w/ no problems, but at home we love to drink mineral water .

Foods: Stay away from Dulce de Leche if dieting :)) usual cares as in any other city.

Have fun !

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,623 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking Water

The water in Buenos Aires is perfectly fine to drink, in contrast to many parts of Latin America. This having been said, since the composition of the water will differ from the water in your home community, you might want to drink mineral water (agua sin gas).

You don't need to worry about brushing your teeth with the local water, and eating fruit or salads should not present a problem.

TDulce de leche is addictive, particularly over flan or in ice cream.

Enjoy your stay.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking Water

Great answers from the LOCAL EXPERTS, at a crazy hour, as usual.

Villavicencio is, IMO, the best mineral water in Argentina, perhaps in the world.

dr_dawggy prefers "sin gas", but I prefer "con gas" (carbonated). Just a matter of taste.

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking Water

The water is no problem. Bring OTC medicine if you have had issues in the past. Even with fresh, clean bacteria free water some people have problems when they travel (stress, new foods, etc.). I am a con gas guy both personally and in my choice of water in Argentina. I rarely drink water as I am usually drinking their great wine and beer (try Isenbeck and Quilmes Imperial). Have a wonderful trip. You will love it and return again and again.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
738 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking Water

Actually eating salads washed in dodgy water can give you Evita's Revenge as I found out in Iguazu!

UncleBoko

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinking Water

Lol

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews