We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer

Weybridge, Surrey...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfer

When arriving in a new city I have always gone to the taxi desk where you can prepay for your journey also when getting a return you normally get a discount when paid in advance. This we did at 3am in Buenos Aires Pistarini Airport. The journey to our hotel was fine, but when trying to book the taxi to return a week later on the phone the company denied our prepayment and stated they didn't have any taxis available anyway. Be careful even with a receipt it may not be honoured.

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
617 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Airport Transfer

We arrived a few days ago and took a car from the blue and white counter near the exit doors. The fixed rate to Palermo was 53 pesos (tolls included). The driver was very nice and we felt very safe, you prepay inside, tell them where you want to go and get a receipt. Getting money from the ATM at the airport is very easy. The receipt also has a phone number for return service to the airport with a price of 39 pesos.

As for Ana's service, I have never used it, but on another popular forum I have read complaints of her simply not showing up and the people waiting and wondering if they should switch to a taxi or if she was merely stuck in traffic before they gave up.

Also while at the airport I went to the departure tax window to find out about current methods of payment. I was told that you could pay in USD, Pesos, Mastercard or Amex unlike what previous posters had said about only cash being taken.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Airport Transfer

Santiagov,

I'm sensing a bit of "hostility" from you towards Ana. I respect you for your knowledgeable posts on all things Argentina, however, I don't know why you feel you need to issue a warning to Ana's fan-base.

I am not sure if you had a chance to visit with Ana or had experienced her service or not, but take it from me...Ana is for real. I have had many experiences riding in many taxies and remis in BsAs, and I guarantee you that as a tourist and a businessman, I found Ana to provide a consistently great service at very reasonable prices, her great attitude, her flexibility, and her English speaking abilities set her apart from others.

So when other "knowledgeable" posters laud Ana's service, please don't warn us. Rather applaud that there's someone like Ana whom we can depend on to enjoy the great city like BsAs.

Suerte!

Av8tor

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Airport Transfer

I used Ana for my ride from my hotel in Buenos Aires to EZE this past Saturday. What a charming young woman. She arrived on time. We managed to pack 4 large bags, me and my buddy into her car. We had a great chat on the way to the airport. Her English is good. Smooth trip, no hassles at a good price. The only downside was I leaving Argentina for cold freezing New York. I will use her in the future and I highly recommend her. I got her name from this forum and to my mind since you can schedule her in advance why go any other way?

Princeton,nj
Level Contributor
126 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Airport Transfer

And the other poster should only relay his/her experience with Ana. Probably the information that you "heard" on the other form is not very reliable. Our flight was late and Ana was still waiting for us just past the customs lobby. Maybe the bad experience that someone had with her had to do with the fact that she sometimes meets more than 1 client from the same flight so she probably stepped away for a few minutes to get them into one of her driver's cars.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
497 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Airport Transfer

Just as a point, most of the remis services, as well as the airport taxi service in the main lobby, will take other currencies. I've never had trouble using either dollars or pesos. I'd agree though that I probably wouldn't book and prepay in advance for a car. It's very easy to get inexpensive remis service out to the airport from anywhere in the city.

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Airport Transfer

Av8tor:

Maybe I expressed myself wrong or you sensed it wrong. Nothing against Ana Luna services.

Exactly the opposite, I know personally forum posters as Joe, that have taken Ana´s taxi services and were very happy ...

But again, insist on my original point....

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
617 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Airport Transfer

The other forum I refer to is Flyertalk and in general the information is very reliable and is posted by veteran travellers, so if more than one person mentions a problem with Ana's service I believe that it can happen. I feel perfectly comfortable walking over to the counter and booking a car when I arrive but for those who prefer someone waiting with a sign (with their name on it) when they arrive Ana offers such a service. I only wanted people to be aware that even with such a service things can go wrong.

Princeton,nj
Level Contributor
126 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Airport Transfer

And if things go "wrong" you just wait for a few minutes, and she will show up :)

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Airport Transfer

Bottom line. If you schedule Ana for a pickup at the airport and she does not meet you upon your arrival in EZE (an unlikely event) you obviously have the option of walking over to any of the other remis operators in the airport and arranging for a car to the city. No problem. You will pay a bit more and I think it more stressful dealing with a driver who does not speak English. On the return leg from the city to the airport allow plenty of time and if Ana did not show up by a certain time it would again be fairly easy to call and get a replacement remis or cab by phone without much difficulty assuming you allowed enough time to get to the airport. Ana runs a small company with a couple of cars and that presents some small risks. For most people Ana is a low cost, pleasant and viable option. I am sure every taxi or remis service that works in BA will have some negative commentary on the web if you search enough.