We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just returned wonderful trip

colombia
Level Contributor
118 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
just returned wonderful trip

hi we just returned from buenos aires.we stayed at the alvear palace(excellent hotel)we went to eat to very good restaurants(to us the best is rosa negra),went to the stadium,to all the torist places in overall the trip was very good..really recommend buenos aires..any question let me know

Bellevue
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: just returned wonderful trip

We are going in mid-November. I had read and wrote down all the attractions. Did you join any local tours or did you have a favorite guide book you follow? Any short side trip outside BA?

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just returned wonderful trip

Rosa negra is not in Buenos Aires Capital, its in San Isidro ( 30 minutes from BA dowtown).

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just returned wonderful trip

Spyce :

Any gastronomic experience at "La Brasserie" restaurant very close to the Alvear ?

Did you visit a Estancia ? or Delta Islands & Tigre ?

We would love to hear about your highlights on BA !

colombia
Level Contributor
118 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just returned wonderful trip

yes rosa negra is outside but since it was on uor top recommended we went and it was the parrillada we tryed.the guys went to el hipodromo(raising horses)and we went sigth seeimng and to the biggest mall.we took a privite tour guide for the 6 of us,it was the best decision since we could take our time and din,t need time to wait for peolpe to arrive ect,,we went to caminito,alto palermo,recoleta,boca stadium,casa rosada, ect...since we stayed in the recoleta area we walked to a lot of nice places nearby.restaurants we went were,cabañas de las lilas,sucre,la morena,happenings,parallida la recoleta..we went to a bar called asia de cuba.at 4 am some ate a choripan(its like hotdog made out with chorizo).you have to tryed.also don´t miss at dessert dulce de leche.

colombia
Level Contributor
118 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just returned wonderful trip

sorry about the typo erros what i menat is that rosa negra was the best parrillada we tryed..please don´t miss it

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just returned wonderful trip

Parrillada: Is a local huge dish presenting different cuts of meat and "achuras" like sweetbreads / kidney/Chinchulines (?)/ Tripa gorda (?), among others , lots of cholesterol ! but well

digested with some wine .

Parrilla xxx : The restaurant where the main specialty is parrillada. The quality off meat may differ significantly . The quantity served usually almost doubles the need of visitors.

My prefered Parrilla & Salad bar with options for non carnivorours is RODIZIO COSTANERA

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just returned wonderful trip

Went to Rodizio with a group who took my free "The REAL Buenos Aires" tour, among which there was a person who did not eat meat and everybody was happy.

We also went to the Unicenter (probably the large mall you mention) and they did some shopping.

Spyce: How about a more detailed trip report?

colombia
Level Contributor
118 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just returned wonderful trip

well here is my trip report: we were 3 couples that stayed at the alvear palace. we had a friend who connected us with alocal guy who has a privite car and he took us everywhere. we went to alto plaermo,san telmo,el caminito,casa rosada,stadium,hipodromo and all the restaurants that i mentioned before..since we we in the recoleta area we walked around, there are 2 big mall and lots of restaurants and bars just to sit have drinks,coffe ect.one of the big mall is called buenos aires design where hard rock cafe is located,the mall is for things for the house.we din´t have time for el tigre or any estancias since lack of time.to us buenos aires is aplace that needs 10 or days more..theres arestaurant thats called perigini(or something)that theres is free chapgne all nigth.there was some tv stars from argentina eating there.to us the food and wines in all places are so good prices,so to you guys with the change in dollars is going to be real cheap...another restaurant that is a most is la brigada(need reservations).if need help glad to help.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,560 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just returned wonderful trip

I had to chuckle as I read your post AV, about eating at Rodizio as part of your "Real Buenos Aires" tour, since Rodizio is a Brazilian-style restaurant. I suppose since they serve Argentine beef it works as part of the real Argentina :).

Regardless, Rodizio serves up some tasty meat and has an incredible salad and appetizer bar.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just returned wonderful trip

Well, the problem was keeping this person who did not eat meat happy and I figured Rodizio would have some good alternatives for her, as in fact it did. They served her a great piece of grilled salmon.