We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High/Low Season

New Zealand
10 posts
High/Low Season

Can someone please tell me when high season and low season in Buenos Aires is?

Is October - November a high season or a low season?

thanks

Ryk

Solothurn...
Level Contributor
593 posts
195 reviews
94 helpful votes
1. Re: High/Low Season

High season would start around mid-December and would last all January and February.

October -November is def NOT high season.

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,475 posts
119 reviews
122 helpful votes
2. Re: High/Low Season

I think High season is anytime from around Sept/Oct until March/April..

When it is cold in the US, that would be high tourist season.

October can be very beautiful here, as well as March and April. It can be difficult getting hotel reservations in Oct and November.

February might be the worst month, so many people leave the city, it is so hot and very quiet.

Right now there are quite a few tourists, from just what we see/hear around us .. the tour buses are still full and busy.

Going by prices though.. I think Oct-March.

Cordoba, Argentina
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
3. Re: High/Low Season

I don't know for what reason you ask exactly Ryk, but spring (Oct) or autumn (March) are really good seasons to visit Buenos Aires. Much better then the sticky and sometimes unbearable heat of summer.

Enjoy Argentina!

Jan

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
512 posts
4. Re: High/Low Season

Tourism is definitely down now. Restaurants are closing all over the city and the shows and milongas are poorly attended. Real estate and rental agencies are not doing well either.

New Zealand
10 posts
5. Re: High/Low Season

Thanks all.

I am travelling with a party of 4 others from New Zealand to Buenos Aires on October 15 for 2 weeks and then will be spending 1 week in Rio. (This isn't NZ high season).

When I look at some accommodation prices for hotels etc, they have high season prices and low season prices but am not sure when high or low season is for the Hotel.

From what I can gather from all your comments, October - November is not a high tourism season and when considering my budgets for hotels etc, to budget the low season prices?

thanks again everyone.

Ryk

New Zealand
10 posts
6. Re: High/Low Season

Or is that Oct in BA is high season.

Yes I think I had it the wrong way round.

Damn.

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,475 posts
119 reviews
122 helpful votes
7. Re: High/Low Season

Actually, according to my friend who owns a hotel here, Oct is the beginning of their high season.. price wise and the hotels filling up-wise.

From googling and checking on specific months.. the only thing I found was that February is definitely a low season for BA because it is so blasted hot here and everyone who can, leaves town.

But even now, there are plenty of tourists.

We came here for the first time in Oct/Nov .. it is a great time of year .. sunshine and not too hot and cool comfortable nights.

I think you picked an excellent time :)

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
128 posts
8. Re: High/Low Season

I was trying to go in August. Are you saying not a good time? I don't want hotels closed and shows empty :-) When is a good time to go to BA and Rio (of course Iguassu too)?

My next questions was has anyone heard about STI travel inc? They're offering $470 roundtrip from Miami to Buenos Aires and BA to Iguassu flight is free... I am skeptical because otherwise it is about $828 (including Iguassu) and RT from Miami

thanks

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,699 posts
80 reviews
149 helpful votes
9. Re: High/Low Season

I visited BA for the first time in August...and the city was certainly not boarded up....it was brisk, chilly and very much alive during the day and all night long....

Jacksonville...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,475 posts
119 reviews
122 helpful votes
10. Re: High/Low Season

Remember - August is winter here . I think it is a good time to visit. You won't be doing any warm weather things like beaches or even the Delta is kind of empty and deserted but there is plenty to do in the city.

All the concerts, dance and music venues are hopping, there are many free concerts etc ... Hotels do not close here. Unless the stop doing business but hotels in Buenos Aires are open year round. It is a huge city .. not just a vacation destination.

Go out and grab a guide book, read up on things ...