We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-Touristy Places to Eat Near Recoleta

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Non-Touristy Places to Eat Near Recoleta

I'll be in BA in a short two and a half weeks and am staying in Recoleta. Could someone tell me where the best places to eat (dinner) would be where locals go and not so touristy? That may be a big task!

Or where is a really great place to go eat that has great atmosphere and not touristy? It doesn't have to be in Recoleta but somewhere I could get there by taxi... Do I make sense?

Any help would be very very helpful.

Thank you!

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Non-Touristy Places to Eat Near Recoleta

Milion restaurant / Bar / Happy hours / Art and don´t remember what else.

As it misses an L for Million , misses a C for Cheff ( a good one) a Q for Quality .

Located in a semi aristocratic house in Parana and Santa Fe the place also misses a "kick" as some restaurants in Palermo Viejo have ( BOBO / Social Paraiso and others) , many 20 / 30 years young people from BA neighbourhoods and probably from BA province, a few tourist too.

My wife had a salmon dish that didn´t taste salmon but don´t know what, I had some fetuccines with supposed mixed mushrooms ( had only Girgolas and champignions) and LOTS of garlic, no cream so it was kind of agrresive taste....half of our plates returned full to the kitchen and we had our desserts outside in Freddo ( nice place for ice creams).

Not recommended ; in Palermo Viejo or in many others BA restaurants you may eat cheaper and MUCH better .

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Non-Touristy Places to Eat Near Recoleta

Parrilla La Dorita.( Palermo Viejo )

I don´t know why BA restaurants usually are unable to maintain quality standards in time.

Today we had lunch at this Parrilla that I usually recommend, and meet was so so same as service.

Restaurant was full,as a matter of fact they opened just in front another La Dorita.

No credit cards. Cheap . Nice people around.