We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need company in BA

South Africa
4 posts
Save Topic
Need company in BA

will be visiting BA from the first week of August till the end of August. I will be there alone. I was wondering if there is anyone who is visiting BA during this time who would like to hang up with me.. Or some some1 residing in BA.... can be Argentinian or none Argentinian I am a woman on my mid twenties.. Any1 interested send me your contact details and will be in touch with you right away... My period of staying 05 August to 27 August)...

1. Re: Need company in BA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:13 am, August 05, 2005
London
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need company in BA

I am not sure if they will remove my post, as I am mentioning another website, but have you tried the forum run at virtualtourist.com? There are loads of argentinians who answer the forum who seem very friendly. Sadly I am going there in September, so can't help you!

Have a great time!

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need company in BA

They don't remove posts that mention other websites. They remove posts that are offensive or that solicit services, such as a tour operator who shows up to advertize, etc.

Not sure which kind of post was deleted, but I'm guessing it was one of the inappropriate kinds base on the "need company in BA" heading for this thread. Some people take the most innocent request and turn it into something entirely different....

argentina
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need company in BA

Hello I am also a woman in mid twenties...i am from Puerto Rico and will live in BsAs until november...I do not know a lot of people so i feel sometimes lonely..If you want to get together soemtime just write back to my email or do a reply on this website(dont know exactly how this works) looking forward..take care!!

New York, New York
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Need company in BA

I too will be visiting during this time, and will be in Buenos Aires for one week. Next will be visiting the South only to return to Buenos Aires 2 weeks later for another 2 weeks. If you care to meet before or after, let me know. Would be good to explore city with another. You should know that I am male, who is late 30's.

My travel will end during September. Leave your email address and we will chat that way.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need company in BA

Dawggy ... I would like you to take your words back .. for assuming unnecessarily very wrong things. I mean.. does anybody pay you for posting silly things here? That removed post was mine ... I have no idea why they removed it, but for sure it has nothing to do with what you said. In fact I met this southafrican girl, and she is not only still alive and in one peace, but very happy to meet me.

Deela.. can you please put a little post here showing this Doggy he should keep his mouth closed? Thanks!

Mac

ajva@mailcity.com

SA
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Need company in BA

Thank you all for your responses in my post (Company in BA).

I am currently in Argentina enjoying myself. I have already met some people to hang around with here through this website. Argetinians are really kind people. It is amazing how they treat tourists. Am very happy with my BA campany...

Gracias.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need company in BA

Mac

My post was in response to a comment that perhaps a post would be removed for posting the url of another web site. I have been posting here awhile now and I wanted to convey that links are not removed...There are other reasons for removal of a post...Most often when a travel agent or other business person tries to solicit business. Less often when someone says something offensive. Perhaps there are other reasons. Obviously, I have no idea what was in your post. So my apologies if your content did not fall in one of these categories.

And no one pays me anything to post messages here, silly or otherwise. I post because I spend a lot of time in Buenos Aires and want to share whatever information I can to help would be travelers.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need company in BA

I must add, Dawggy, that your posts have always been valuable, respectful and highly appreciated. Keep up the good job. I know I speak for many.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need company in BA

Dawggy,

I know what was your first intention, that's clear thru what you said in your first paragraph on that first post, but its also true that assuming that i could've (or must have) said something offensive was wrong and most of all unnecessarily. So, apologies accepted.

Im sure nobody pays you to post here, that was more like an ironic thing i said due to my bad mood that moment. Im sorry, I know I should'nt said what I said, nor being ironic.

BA Travel:

I know myself that Dawggy's posts can be very valuable and Im sure they are always respectful. But when someone is wrong then it is wrong. The fact that he is always like this it doesnt mean that he can say whatever he wants to say about the others, especially when he doesnt know the others, or what really happened.

Mac