We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel agent in u.s that specializes in argentina

Which Buenos Aires hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
travel agent in u.s that specializes in argentina

Please forward a few recommendations of travel agents in the U.S. that specialize in Argentina.

Thanks

Rome
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel agent in u.s that specializes in argentina

There are a lot of Tour operators in Argentina that have better rates than the travel agencies in US

I´am italian so I really don´t know which are the travel agencies that have good rates for american people,

A lot of people here make their reservations with Argentina con noi (argentinaconnoi@hotmail.com)...I don´t know, try to send them an e mail with all your doubts and maybe they can help you.

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel agent in u.s that specializes in argentina

Monty:

Agree w/ Frontiera, follow the threads in Trip advisor forum and you will find a few Travel agents often recommended with prices well below USA TA .

As for info on Argentina this bilingual link is one of the best

www.welcomeargentina.com

Good Luck

Barbacharters

Branford...
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel agent in u.s that specializes in argentina

Carbone travel in New York specializes in Argentina travel. Not sure how they are price wise but they are a decent size company.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel agent in u.s that specializes in argentina

Re Carbone Travel (800-ARGENTINA and website): I have used them in the past; they contract batches of seats on Aerolineas Argentinas and, sometimes, American AIrlines. Their prices can be reasonable (right now --Aug 16) they're offering a special deal ("not available on our website") JFK-EZE for $600 "taxes included."

HOWEVER... they keep you on hold forever... fail to return phone calls... and can get tetchy.

Also, unless things have changed, they're unable (or unwilling) to book hotels in BA or elsewhere.

A special irritant, once you get to Argentina, is that Argentine operators charge far higher rates to foreign tourists than to Argentine nationals. Argentines pay considerably less for domestic flights and package tours (e.g. to Iguazu or Patagonia) than foreigners and it's almost impossible to avoid the rip-off (unless one has dual nationality) as one has to show a government-issued ID when making reservations and checking in.

Like so many other governments, first they spend money to get tourists to visit, then they fleece them all the way to indefensible departure taxes. Go figure.

Buenos Aires
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel agent in u.s that specializes in argentina

I do not agree with Kaibab 1.

As far as I know if you are in Argentina (as a foreign) you pay the same price at most airlines.

I guess the difference is to book flights from abroad. Here there is a difference and guess it is more expensive to book from outside.

However, I have the same experience when travelling to South Africa, while studying at UK and USA.

There is always a tuition difference between overseas or not and nobody complain about this.

So... I am not saying if it is logical or not. I am just saying that it is applied almost everywhere in different areas.

However, I can tell you that if I book a weekend in an Estancia, they won´t give me a cheaper price for being Argentine. The same happens in any excursion at patagonia.

Buenos AIres
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel agent in u.s that specializes in argentina

Ba:

I disagree regarding Estancias, some Estancias charge less if Argentinian... not all of course, but some have followed the Hotel Trend.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,557 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel agent in u.s that specializes in argentina

bahomerental,

Paying a different rate of tuition is entirely different matter. Tuition in the United States at state universites is lower for residents of that state state universities because residents pay taxes that go to support their home state university. I don't object to paying more as a non-resident when I know that residents are paying less because they have already paid part of the operating cost through taxes....so I don't mind paying more than Argentinos when I go to national parks in Argentina or when I take students to the Universidad de Buenos Aires......

But I do object to hotels and airlines that charge more to foreigners simply because they are foreigners.

Monticello
Level Contributor
51 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel agent in u.s that specializes in argentina

Some hotels, etc. do have higher prices for non-Argentina residents. Still Argentina is very inexpensive by US standards. I have been there for 7 weeks this year, and no problems with cabs or people trying to rip me off. Like any big city, watch your valuables. Use the cabs, only about $1.50 per mile in town -- and NEVER more than a 1 minute wait (even at 1am in the morning).

Also, many local flights are cheaper if purchased in Argentina.

Good travel agent I have used in my trips there is: Daniela Rodriguez. Very honest, prompt replies to email, and will come to hotel or coffee shop to give tickets, etc. Good for airport to town transfers, ferry service, local tours, hotels, etc. her email is: daniela@consult-ar.com Tell her Mike said "hi".