We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

Washington DC
1 post
Save Topic
With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

Considering travelling with 6 year old son to Buenos Aires for a week, we speak spanish but have never been to BA and have no idea what to do together in BA. We hear we can visit soccer games, but what for the other 5 days?

Thanks for any tips.

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,642 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

You could hang out in one of the parks in Palermo. Or go to the zoo or the animal park in the country (Taimekan). Or spend a day at one of the estancias riding horses and enjoying gaucho life. On Sunday, take in one or more ferias....The one in Mataderos is fun for kids. Or take a boat ride in the delta out of Tigre.

If the weather is bad, try one of the theaters with a kids oriented production or take in a movie (Madagascar is coming).....

Hope these ideas help

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

BA doesn't have the attractions as many places in Europe like Paris, London or many other cities. Honestly, most people do not bring their kids here but I have had several clients that bring their kids. I've helped hundreds of people over the years and not one single person has disliked the city. All have loved it.

DD mentioned some other things like the Zoo. Visit the Japanese Gardens, take a stroll along the River and hit some restaurants in Puerto Madero and some restaurants on the water near the domestic airport. The Botanical Gardens are tranquil. Your 6 year old might not appreciate the Teatro Colon but other couples have taken their kids there and they were awed by it.

6 years old is old enough to be awed by things that most wouldn't think about. Take him to the Recoleta cemetery, walking/shopping on Florida street and the many parks. You'd be surprised how amusing simple things like that can be. Maybe take the ferry across to Colonia, Uruguay. That would be exciting to most 6 year olds.

Have fun.

mike@apartmentsba.com

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
738 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

Recoleta is a waste of time - be honest, who really wants to see the grave of that old slapper Evita Peron??? I would suggest a visit to a Polo Estancia, Peninsula Valdes to see the penguins.

UncleBoko

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
738 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

Why can one not edit one's posts - bloody useless???

UncleBoko

5. Re: With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, July 08, 2005
Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,642 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

Uncle Bozo will scoff, but in a recent listing of the top 10 fast food franchise locations in the world the Burger King on Florida ( I think it is the one nearest Plaza del Mayo) was ranked...it is housed in converted mansion or something that makes it unique.....

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
738 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

Frankly, while there is still Argentine beef to eat, I fail to see why hamburger garbage is popular.

UncleBoko

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
738 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

Let's just say that Evita Peron was not over cautious in the choice of her bedfellows - OK???

UncleBoko

Abilene, Texas
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
7,642 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

Well, Unk, I suspect your faliure to see why hamburgers are popular in the land of CARNE is due to age-related myopia. McDonalds and Burger King know how to sell their products to the young.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
738 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: With KIDS - Where to stay and what to do?

.....and aren't the young gullable!!!

UncleBoko