We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latin Destinations website

Charlotte,NC
9 posts
1 review
Latin Destinations website

Has anyone ever used the Latin Destinations website to plan a trip to Argentina? My husband and I were thinking of using it for hotel, airfare and transfers for a trip to Buenos Aires, Bariloche and El Calafate. It appears they arrange the hotel accomodations, international flight, domestic flights and transfers. Does anyone have any advice about them?

ed8
San Diego...
Level Contributor
215 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Latin Destinations website

I used them for my first trip to argentina. I only went to Mendoza for my segment. The site allows you to choose your accomodations( research the hotels on trip advisor) and the price will adjust accordingly. Note that the domestic airline was aerolineas. You already know what turmoil that airline is going thru so call the operator and ask for Lan airlines. Ground transport can be arranged thru the site but since the taxis are cheap and plentiful, I opted to hail one from the airport. If you have time and patience, you can save money by planning your own itinerary and book your hotels, airlines online. ( Note: there are two airports, make sure your domestic travel departs from Jorge Newberry since it is about only 15 minutes away from the city center.) Otherwise, Latin Destinations was convenient and secure.

New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
2. Re: Latin Destinations website

Try to avoid areolineas argentinas to travel in the country....many problems and delays. We had delays some time ago using this company and I heard they are still having many problems right now. Check at this forum about that airline.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Latin Destinations website

yes,

I just got back on Friday and Latin Destinations did my airfare, hotels and transfers. All went very well.

The transfers in particular we exceptionally nice because they also confirm your flights. They were always on time but NOT always english speaking. You need to request this in advance.

They did my planning for BA, Bariloche and Iguazu. I did my own day tours upon arrivals. Be sure to read the website and tabs in detail to ensure your needs.

They also called me and emailed me on a regular basis prior to the trip.

4. Re: Latin Destinations website

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:12 pm, November 16, 2015
Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: Latin Destinations website

I'm a little late on this, but I really wanted to reply. Took a 9-day trip to Peru in June, used Latin Destinations, and things were absolutely and completely perfect. Three different hotels in Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu...each was excellent, with great locations and staff, and very good breakfast buffets to help get started. Every hotel/airport/train station pickup was flawless, with courteous and helpful representatives right there waiting. I realize LD didn't have anything to do with the 9 days of sunshine and blue skies, but I could not be more pleased with the "value for money", and I will definitely use them again.

Have to also say how much I love their website, which gives you so many customizing features with the number of nights and specific hotels, even airfare if you choose to let them. Finally, a special mention for our LD representative, who helped me set the whole thing up - Victor Rincon.

A great and memorable trip!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
72 posts
94 reviews
6. Re: Latin Destinations website

We haven't used their services as yet, but Latin Destinations (tours) has a very impressive, user-friendly website for packaging a Central American trip. It gives suggested itineraries but lets you build your own itinerary from multiple choices of hotels and addons. Hotels tend to be up-scale but prices seem reasonable. Travel agents are also available.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Latin Destinations website

We used Latin Destinations for our first trip to Costa Rica. All I can say is that everything went smoothly from start to finish. Their agent helped to smooth our trip out and secured us an affordable (though early AM) flight arrangements. Nothing could have been easier.

US
1 post
8. Re: Latin Destinations website

This is my first post ever, though I've used the site a lot. I am posting because I read some concerns and wanted to share my experience. My husband and I used Latin Destinations for our 8 night trip to Costa Rica. We had several transfers and booked two tours in advance. All went perfectly. Only change was an hour pick-up. At one point I left my camera in the shuttle, did not have the number, and had to call Latin Destinations. They called the company. It was returned while I was a dinner. I would use this service again, hands down. Also, CR is an amazing, friendly place.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
39 posts
32 reviews
9. Re: Latin Destinations website

See Latin Destinations stats on the Better Business Bureaus site: www.dc.bbb.org/report.html…

10 complaints in the last year? I'll add about 20 to that list. Latin Destinations sells poor quality products and I'll never use them again.

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
10. Re: Latin Destinations website

I'll add to the complaint list as well. I "tried" to book a trip through Latin Destinations only to find out that they increased the price after I confirmed my trip. No one even contacted me to let me know that the price of the trip had increase $450. I found out on my own. They also allowed me to book a hotel that was not available. Again, I found this out on my own. Who knows how long it would have been before they let me know that I needed to select an alternative. When I called to let them know what they should have contacted me about in the first place, the agent was not at all helpful. I was extremely dissatisfied and would never recommend this service to anyone else.