We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buenos Aires budget accomodation

Mangawhai Heads
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buenos Aires budget accomodation

We want to find budget accomodation in Buenos Aires at the end of July. While we are active, we are an older couple & we like things reasonably quiet. We hear the BA is extrenely noisy. Can anyone recommend a budget place where English is spoken, that is quiet, yet handy to the museums & sights please? (outoftheblue@ihug.co.nz)

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buenos Aires budget accomodation

I suggest checking out the following:

Home Hotel

Hotel Finisterra

Bobo Hotel

Im not sure what you exact definition of budget is.... but maybe you can look up these names and get an initial feel for prices. If this is more upmarket than you are looking for, please post back and Im sure we will be able to guide you to other places.

Cheers,

Alex

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buenos Aires budget accomodation

not near the museums or sights, but La Pascuala in Tigre is peaceful and quiet. You cannnot believe how nice... and the El Casco in San Isidro, also.

For quiet near the museums and sights, etc. I recommend you the Kempinsky in Parera, as no buses or traffic in that street. Veyr quite, but close to everything in a very nice area. Not budget.

Some Budget places to stay

Ayacucho Palace

Juncal Palace

Malabia House

Posada Palermo

Hotel Plaza Francia

Dany Royal

These are not located in quiet areas, but yes convenient.

Mangawhai Heads
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buenos Aires budget accomodation

Thanks - by budget accomodation I mean up to US$20 a night dbl.

I had wondered about Hostel Carlos Gardel, Carlos Calvo 579, San Telmo.

Some English spoken would be good but quiet is of paramount importance when you hit 60!!. We like opera & art rather than clubs - though I love watching tango & salsa dancers. Cheers.

4. Re: Buenos Aires budget accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 04, 2009