We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing Apple TV to Buenos Aires

Long Beach...
2 posts
Bringing Apple TV to Buenos Aires

Hi everyone. I'm traveling to BA this summer for five weeks and bringing the family, including two kids. For obvious reasons, I want to bring my Apple TV box, but I have two questions:

1) the apartment we're staying in appears to have a pretty modern flat screen TV. Will this TV be compatible with my apple TV box, or will I need a special HDMI adapter?

2) How hard is it to set up a VPN on my phone? I know that certain licensing restrictions will prevent me from viewing HBO or Netflix content, but I've been told a VPN can bypass these---true?

Sorry if these are stupid questions--this is my first ever post!

4 replies to this topic
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Bringing Apple TV to Buenos Aires

Hi! They are not stupid questions at all. Yes, you can bring your AppleTV, especially if the apartment has a modern flat screen TV, which is a good sign that you will be able to use an HDMI connection. I have an AppleTV in my own home as well.

You are also correct that you will need a VPN and they are normally not that difficult to set up. Ask the apartment owner if you can set up a VPN on the router. You might want to jot down the settings before you modify anything to let them know that you will return it to the original settings. Otherwise, you can set it up on each individual device. You can use your computer as a WiFi hotspot for example and have your AppleTV get the internet connection through your computer.

I found one link that mentions several options for using a VPN with your AppleTV, but there are many: https:/…

I hope you have a great time in Buenos Aires!

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,527 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Bringing Apple TV to Buenos Aires

welcome,

something to consider when traveling. its not a good idea to try and learn something at the last moment. If you can, you may want to attempt doing all of it at home so its at least familiar.

good luck

Long Beach...
2 posts
3. Re: Bringing Apple TV to Buenos Aires

Great advice both of you. Thanks—I’m on it!

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
8,305 posts
8 reviews
16 helpful votes
4. Re: Bringing Apple TV to Buenos Aires

You might also check out the Travel Gadgets & Gear forum which is found here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12…

Be sure to review the Top Questions on the right hand column (full web site only) and use the search box to research before you post.

Reply to: Bringing Apple TV to Buenos Aires
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted