We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boquebus

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
Boquebus

Am looking to book day trip BA to Colonia on Boquebus. It says you have to register but when asked for residence does not include UK in the drop down menu. Am I missing something ? Can anyone help ?

8 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Uruguay
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Boquebus

Just select OTRO PAÍS. It means "other country".

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Boquebus

My God is that all it was ! Cheers

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,456 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Boquebus

LOL ..<.My God is that all it was ! >

I remember having so many of those moments ... :)

Edited: 8:35 pm, September 07, 2018
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: Boquebus

Have booked Boquebus to Colonia. Ticket says "Check in time: 2 hours before departure from the ticket" If anyone has used them is it actually 2 hrs or can you arrive a bit later

Level Contributor
15 posts
5. Re: Boquebus

We went to Colonia 2 weeks ago and we got there an hour before. Passport control and Customs was a breeze and there's not much while you wait (and it's all very expensive. The hour we had was plenty of time to exchange money, go through and stand in line for the boat.

If it isn't too late. I don't know if I'd really recommend going Colonia. It was so boring and we spent a good amount of time wandering around looking to kill time. If you've already bought tickets, there is a lovely coffee/sandwich shop across the street from the main church that was quite frankly the best coffee of our whole trip. We went back twice!

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Boquebus

Thanks for this. I had assumed it would be an hour but the tickets said 2. .Although I now have a feeling that it refers to when the check in opens. Appreciate your comments Colonia itself but in truth its as much about getting another stamp in the passport as anything.

Thank you again and I will keep an eye open for the coffee shop

Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Boquebus

How sad - wasting at least half day just to get a stamp in your passport. Yes you’ll have been to Uruguay but you’ll have seen practically nothing and contributed about the same to their economy - but at least you’ll have a passport stamp

Edited: 10:46 am, September 22, 2018
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: Boquebus

Correct

Reply to: Boquebus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted