We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with some questions on Yalikavak please!

Which Yalikavak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help with some questions on Yalikavak please!

Hello

Could anyone please advise if we could reach Yalikavak by bus from Bodrum airport in October, returning early October?

Would you know if restaurants are open at that time of the year or do they mostly close for the winter?

Ditto a reasonably-sized supermarket?

Finally, have all the mozzies died and gone to mozzie-heaven at time of the year? Or, will the little lighters be laying in wait for me.....?

Many thanks for any answers.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with some questions on Yalikavak please!

There will be restaurants open as Yalikavak has many people both Turks and ex pats living there all year around. Supermarkets will be open including Kipa (Tesco) Mozzies will depend on the weather so take no chances and take a daily anti histamine and wear a repellent - I use Boots Repel. Depending on who you are flying with and what time you may be able to get Havas Airport bus goes to Bodrum from where you could get a dolmus to Yalikavak but depending on where you are staying might need a taxi to accomadation so you might be as well booking a private transfer especially if late at night as it would be much quicker or a shared transfer at least .

For private transfers I use www.aegeancoastproperties.com / www.kariatransfers.com who are based in Yalikavak and who will bring you to the door

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with some questions on Yalikavak please!

Hello. With regards to supermarkets, it depends on where you are staying. I can advise though, that around the junction of Ullus Cd with Ataturk Cd, there are 4 supermarkets. A new Carrefour, Migros, Bim and A101. Migros and Carrefour do their own loyalty cards at 1Tl each and they are certainly worth buying. If calling back to the UK, get a Turkish PTT phone card and call from the phone boxes outside the mosque. Fantastically cheap. For private transfers, I used Boomerang in Yalikavak. I emailed them the times of the flights and flight reference numbers. They were on time both times. Polite and sensible driving. Agreed a price before you leave the UK and you just pay the driver on the day. Enjoy your stay.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with some questions on Yalikavak please!

Thank you very much for your help!

Much appreciated.

4. Re: Help with some questions on Yalikavak please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 07, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Yalikavak