We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yalikavak boat trips

cheshire
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
yalikavak boat trips

has anyone been on a good boat trip from yalikavak?

do you have any recommendation for restaurants?

which is the best supermarket?

does anyone want to share a taxi to yalikavak we arrive 12th june at 16 45?

thanks hollie

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yalikavak boat trips

I've never been on a boat trip from Yalikavak, but some friends of mine have and had a fab time. From my understanding, it's a co-operative in Yalikavak, so it's a fixed price of 50 lira regardless of the boat. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong!

There's tons of lovely restaurants in Yalikavak. My current favourite is Le Cafe, the Italian on the front, just next to the old harbour (where the day trip boats go from). The food is delicious, and really reasonably priced. Don't disregard the restaurants that are slightly 'in' from the water though, there are some yummy ones up there!

I tend to go to Migros when I'm in Yalikavak. There is a main branch in Gokcebel, which is about 5-10mins by bus away from the village (just ask for Migros at the dolmus station), and a smaller branch at the new Marina. There are a range of shops in town to stay 'stocked up' though.

cheshire
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: yalikavak boat trips

thanks for the info

Moscow
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: yalikavak boat trips

A day boat trip is indeed a perfect day at the sea! There is a reservation desk with a map of the coastline right at the end of the sea front in the centre of Yalikavak where all the trip boats are tied up at. The fees are 50 lira for adults and 25 for children including lunch, water melon (very sweet!) and a tea break and excluding drinks. A tour starts at 10.30 a.m. and is over by around 6 p.m. You have a choice of two routes, to the south which is a must and to the north around the semi-island.

The former takes you all the way down to Gumusluk with two stops for swimming and fish feeding (take some bread with you or ask from the captain) at beautiful small islands in crystal water and more stops on the way back. You could venture swimming to one of the islands populated with rabbits (there is a well known one in Gumusluk and another one in the sea) to look for and feed them though they are more active in the evenings and you would need more stock of cabbage leaves and carrots for them ) There is a high possibility of wind (though comfortable in the heat) enabling you to enjoy a bit of sailing on the way back.

A day boat trip will not be able to take you far, so when both routes are explored from Yalikavak you can drive to Turgutreis or Turkbuku to enjoy some other coastal scenery from on board but the routes from Yalikavak are really exceptional as is Yalikavak with the surrounding area itself.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: yalikavak boat trips

The boat trips are wonderful, the boat owners are amazing and always do their best for you.

Carlos (?) the guy who sells tickets is not a nice person. He doesn't tell you if the sea is rough or not, we had a really bad sea and he knew before we left. In fact we had asked him as it had been very windy and he told us it was fine. It was so scary with our small children, we had to wait up in a cove nearly all day waiting for the weather to calm down. The skipper at one point thought he'd have to drop us off and wait it out. The kids were all crying. When we got back Carlos was horrible. We later found out that people who go a lot to Yalikavak never use Carlos but go directly through the boat owners.

5. Re: yalikavak boat trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Yalikavak