We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrorism

Bolton
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Terrorism

Is Turkey still safe to travel to? I'm worried and don't no whether to change my holiday? Does anyone no of any safety procedures that have been put in place after the attack on Tunisia?

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
953 posts
133 reviews
1. Re: Terrorism

Check FCO site. If I was travelling tomorrow, I would absolutely go because I believe security will be tighter than ever. Enjoy your holiday.

Colyton, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Terrorism

Please read the responses under "Made the right choice" and "Terrorists" rather than starting yet another post about safety. These attacks could happen anywhere and if you cancel holidays to avoid them then innocent people suffer through reduced tourism and the terrorists have won. We fly to Olu on Monday and I can't wait!

Edited: 5:24 pm, June 26, 2015
Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,441 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Terrorism

Turkey has a very significant armed forces and police service and Dalaman is a military airport with massive security measures. Although terrorism by it's very nature can happen anywhere, it is just as likely to happen at home.

My advice is to go and enjoy your holiday, I know that I will.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Terrorism

We were thinking the same thing we fly out in 4 weeks we have children with us it's so worrying but I really don't wanna cancel our holiday it's so hard . X

Weymouth
Level Contributor
679 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Terrorism

Why cancel your holiday because there are a few maniacs around?

There are maniacs all over the world not just in Syria. Would you let someone dictate your life just because it is acceptable to their warped values? I certainly wouldn't.

Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Terrorism

I don't think you can criticise people for being concerned. We are due to go turkey in august and what happened yesterday has raised a few concerns for me. I think turkey is great, and although I have never been to Tunisia I would imagine the two countries are completely different. security in turkey is as good as the UK but nobody can predict when these mainiacs will strike. It's a worrying time. If I was booking my holiday now and not two months ago I'd probably play it safe and go to Spain but even Spain is at risk. The world is a messed up place when you worry about holiday destinations due to terrorism.

Weymouth
Level Contributor
679 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Terrorism

The only thing is Stephen that I don't think it should rule your plans or life. I suspect that the 149 people that were killed in that plane crash in the Alps earlier this year thought they would be in safe hands going to/from two relatively safe destinations. Not every threat to your safety comes from the hands of terrorism of course. You will always be at the mercy of someone else's agenda wherever you happen to be, and I think if you spent that much time thinking of the endless random permutations that could affect your life you would never go anywhere.

Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Terrorism

I understand that mate. It's just terrible that it even has to come into people's thinking. I remember years ago ETA were threatening tourists in Spain so in many ways this is similar although probably more barbaric which is what these people are trying to achieve. It makes me sick to the pit of my stomach that people can do this type of thing.

Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Terrorism

I just want a nice carefree family holiday. I don't think such a thing exists nowadays.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
6,488 posts
107 reviews
10. Re: Terrorism

We are off to the airport in 2hrs time and to be honest with you....I can't bl??dy wait......

Its true terrorism can happen anywhere, but you have to weigh up the possibilities of it happening at your chosen resort.....Ours is Olu Deniz and we both feel at ease and peace of mind, that nothing is going to happen......

There is nothing we can do to stop terrorism...But we can go on holiday and have the time of your life, which is exactly what we plan to do.....

See you all soon.... : ))