We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation

I really like the look of Olu Deniz but, having been to Turkey before (Icmeler) wondered if you get lots of hassle everywhere you go. I have to say that it did start to annoy me after a while. This time it will be just me and my 75 year old mum travelling next May or June, so could someone recommend a good hotel (preferably not All Inclusive), in a convenient location for the beach and main area where the shops and bars are? If we are walking home late at night, we don’t want to have to go too far, so would prefer to be within walking distance.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation

Hi there Yorkshirescorpio, I can thoroughly reccommend the Ata Lagoon Hotel, we are going back again this year in late Aug/Sep. Thet hotel is on the dolmus road side away from the main strip but just 5 minutes away from the beach and main strip. It has excellent accommodation ask for rooms 503-505 they have large terraces on ground level and are close to the pool area.

The resturaunt is also very good and excellent value 10% off if you are staying in the hotel, all the staff including cleaners are very friendly and do an excellent job.

Hope this helps.

Scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation

hi yorkshire scorpio

ive been to icmeler many times and loved it but got fed up of hassle and tried oludeniz and now go 3 times a year nobody hassles you you can go in and out of shops without being pestered sometimes bars and eating places try and entice you in but a polite no thank you and they dont bother you again .a hotel i can reccomend if you are taking your mum is the liberty asena beach hotel im planning on taking my own mum 77 later this year its right on main strip the foods delicious and entertainment very good and very easy for an older person to get out and about if she wanted to and nice pools ect if she wanted to stay by the hotel or go shopping on the strip

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation

Absolutely no hassle and The Villa Beldeniz is a great little hotel in a good location

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
926 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation

Personally as you are taking your mother I don't think I would stay at Liberty, it's a really nice hotel, but there are some noise issues which I would think she would find off putting. You would need to request a room away from the main strip and main pool if you chose to stay there. The Ata Lagoon beach is a good choice, on the dolmus road which is a peaceful and quiet area, although perhaps a little bit far from the beach & main area dependant on her mobility. Have a look at the Blue Star Hotel, it is a firm favourite with many people and although not on the main strip, just backs onto it and also minutes from the beach and front area.

Mentioned in this post
Blue Star Hotel
Blue Star Hotel
377 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
875 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation

Hotel Magic Tulip Beach, this is nearest to sea without being 5*, All Inc or near hassle, infact any of the hotels in that road do not have shops, so check out Orange Hotel, Bronze Hotel and Blue Star, ever so slightly further away is the Unsal and the Mavi Belche and a Half Board Option would be the Karbel Beach.This is a quiet area yet steps from bars and shops, and best of all the magnigficent beach.

Mentioned in this post
Magic Tulip Beach Hotel
Magic Tulip Beach Hotel
288 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
Hotel Bronze
Hotel Bronze
67 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation

Thank you for the recommendations - I will have a look at these. I should just say that while my mother will be 75 when we go next year, she thinks she is still 21 and, thankfully, has no mobility issues. It's usually me who wants to go to bed at midnight, while she's just getting started!

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
926 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendation

In which case, I would go for Ata Lagoon Beach on the Dolmus road as it is likely to be less noisy than the other hotels. It's only 5 mins to the main street and about 8 mins to the beach. Nice refurbished rooms, lovely pool and excellent breakfast. Also 10% off for residents in the restaurant and the food is very good. The Bronze Hotel is for singles generally, do check out the reviews on the hotels before you book anywhere too. I, myself, am staying at the Unsal Hotel in October, purely because I like small and friendly and like some peace and quiet in a hotel and the reviews are very good., and I have seen it on previous visits to OD. Let us know where you choose to stay when you have booked ;)

Edited: 11:36 am, June 25, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Bronze
Hotel Bronze
67 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
Unsal Hotel
Unsal Hotel
233 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendation

The Blue Lagoon hotel and the Tower Hotel are also very good, good walking distance and nice and quiet. I don't think there will be many hotels in OD that won't be suitable, just don't go for one on the main strip as I can imagine it may be noisy. Plenty to choose from!

Mentioned in this post
The Tower Hotel
The Tower Hotel
574 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
9. Re: Hotel recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 28, 2015