We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to go to kayakoy

Scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
best way to go to kayakoy

have only visited kaya koy once as part of a trip so didnt get to spend much time as id have liked the guide took us up a very scary mountain road and it seemed to take hours to get there but about 20mins to get back.so can anyone tell me best way to do it ourselfs as we are taking friends and the best places to eat as there was no time for that with the trip.and can it be reached by dolmus is the mountain road the only way or was he spinning the trip out

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to go to kayakoy

I don't have the answer as its my first time to olu . We want to visit this too so will watch for reply s

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,325 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to go to kayakoy

Depending where you are staying, there is a dolmus from Hsaronu to Kayakoy. We have seen people walking the road, but it's a long walk on a hot day.

If you want to go in the evening the Istanbul Restaurant will pick you up and drop you back for free, Saturday is a good night as they have entertainment. Also you can go for the day as they have a pool.

Levissi Garden is also good, ti's right on the Ghost Village and they have a wine cellar and invite you to have tastings.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,248 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to go to kayakoy

Hi magsinscotland! It is very easy, take the dolmus from Ölüdeniz to Fethiye, change bus in Hisarönü to Kayaköy. There is a bus every half an hour. I am not sure what is the exact time in Hisarönü. By the way, there is only one road, so I wonder if that is your scary road?? Or did you hike over the hill, which is about a 21,5 to 2 hours hike.

The deserted viallge is an ıopen air museum so you will have to pay an entrance fee.

There are lots of good restaurants in the village, it depends what you prefer to eat. For a simple but delicious pancake (gözleme) there is Antik and Poseidon very near the lower church. Also Bülent's which is on the road is good for pancakes. Delicious mezes (tapas) in Blue Butterfly. Next door is Levissis winehouse, for more dining.

İf you like a locally very popular restaurant then CinBal, Yalcın, Oba or Key-if are all good! They bring a hot barbecue to your table and you grill your own lamb chops. They do it of course also for you if you prefer just to enjoy the scenery.

I should not forget İzela in Günay's garden, also close to the old town, also great for dining.

Hope this helps good luck!

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
57 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to go to kayakoy

Hey When are you going? We want to go to and are arriving 18th June 2014.

Scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to go to kayakoy

thanks for all the info im staying in olu in a couple of weeks my 10th time and im ashamed to say ive only went there once went to ghost village but wished i could have stayed longer i loved what i saw in the short time i was there and will defo try some eating places

thanks mags

South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
727 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to go to kayakoy

I wonder if you went to the village from Fethiye, it is a scary ride this way. From Hisaronu not so much. But where are you stayng? it would be possible to go via Hisaronu even if you are staying in Fethiye but quicker the "scarier" route.

Scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to go to kayakoy

you could be spot on as iwent as part of a trip and that included going to fethiye market so it was probably for that reason as we went to kayakoy after the market but would prefer to do it the ways suggested on here as i did find it a bit scarey but still had a lovely time

8. Re: best way to go to kayakoy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, May 21, 2015