We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

Bournemouth
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

Hi! Staying at Karbel Hotel in August this year, I've been to Oludeniz quite a few times, but not recently.

I just wondered what the food and drink prices were like now? I'm sure they'll have gone up since I went, but by how much!?

Many thanks!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,850 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

As Oludeniz is a purpose built holiday resort, and the season has not started yet, you would be best to come back in July and ask. However, if the Lira keeps on rising the way it has been lately, all holidays in Turkey will be good value.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

Last year a beer was about 6 or 7 lira. However the exchange rate has changed a lot since then. May not know until the start of the season what this years prices will be.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

even though the gbp is on the rise against the turkish liras....very soon due to economic changes in Turkey, inflation, etc..this will have an affect on all items and implementing new taxes and increases on, Gas, Electic, meat, food and drink etc..so I would expect to see higher TL prices this year

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

Its too soon for any info on this years prices, but canmom is right, prices on food is already going up in some parts of turkey, so I am sure, even with the good rate of lira to pound, the increase in prices will mean all prices will go up.

Just have to wait to see how much, & whats effected.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

Hi... I'm heading out to Oludeniz next week so any information on this so far would be really useful.

Thanks

Wallasey, United...
Level Contributor
777 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

Steve, would be helpful for others if you could report back on prices when you get back, thanks.

Bournemouth
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

Thanks Steve, if you see anywhere to rent a stand up paddle board could you also let me know!?

Thanks

Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

Out here at the moment - beer is between 9.50 (help bar on the front) 8 lira on the strip and 7 lira on the dolmus road and back streets. Food hasn't gone up much from last year - between 12 lira for pasta etc to 3 courses 30/35 lira. Sunbeds have gone up to 7 lira per item. Beer from supermarket 5/6 lira large bottle of efes.

Leigh, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

can someone explain in pounds please not very good at conversions but it sounds expensive

Dalgety Bay, United...
Level Contributor
818 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Food and drink prices in Oludeniz 2014

Guy at the beach will be miffed as most will hand him the 21 Tl now and his 2 Tl,I'll come back with the change(but never does),screwed.Some people win but some lose I suppose.Only means sunbeds and brolly 1 Tl dearer in reality.