We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 2014, Oludeniz, car rental - where should we go?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
May 2014, Oludeniz, car rental - where should we go?

We've booked car hire for next May and cannot wait. We have it for 4 days and was wandering where people would suggest to visit...

We have a three year old son.

I really want to go to hisaronu, fethiye, kayakoy, tlos, xanthos and patara.

Are there any laws on speed/high way code that differ in Turkey than the UK?

Does anyone know any charges to get into where we want to go or recommend anything to do at these locations?

Are there any other places anybody would say to visit?

Are they well sign posted or do they have postcodes/anything to help us get to the places? Im AWFUL at directions :(

Cannot wait!!!!

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 2014, Oludeniz, car rental - where should we go?

Hi Tink,

all the places you have mentioned deserve a visit, add Yaka trout park and Saklikent gorge (one of my faves - both near Tlos ruins). Kalkan is nice - not far from Xanthos and Patara. Calis beach.

Also Faralya for a basic meal in a café overlooking Oludeniz with fantastic sea views - via Oludeniz coastal road.

Not that well up on the laws having only driven the once myself but here's a link and try the Fethiye forum for info re driving.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298031-i1222-k5…

Edited: 9:58 am, November 20, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May 2014, Oludeniz, car rental - where should we go?

Sorry may be confusing you, Calis beach is the far side of Fethiye if at Fethiye harbour. May be best to get the water taxi from the harbour, try the old town Paspatur area of Fethiye and the fish market.

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,144 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May 2014, Oludeniz, car rental - where should we go?

Not to worry C.F. Tink has asked the same question on the Fethiye Forum and also got some good answers there too. Especially from F.F.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May 2014, Oludeniz, car rental - where should we go?

Thank you for all the replies they are helping with me making a decision. I had hoped there was maybe a zoo or soft play place as well as know its something wed do in the uk but son would still love.

I just want to make the most of this holiday as first family holiday and we saved up for years :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May 2014, Oludeniz, car rental - where should we go?

Tink - Your son doesn't need a zoo to see animals in turkey. I noticed loads of various creatures running around on a beach in Samanlik bay (rabbits, geese, chickens etc), which is just after the Letoonia hotel on the Fethiye peninsula. The bay just after that the kuleli beach also had some bird type animals running around as well.

We even saw some sheep freely grazing about whilst walking around the ghost village in Kayakoy.

Hisaronu has a little fun fair which I'm sure your son would also enjoy. It's right in the middle of the strip road.

Have a look through the TFL blog, it's full of useful information for this area, makes for an excellent read as well as giving you lot's of wonderful tips from restuarants to trips. Certainly helped make my first trip to this area the most memorable one ever!

turkeysforlife.com/p/10-fethiye-must-sees-do…

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kayakoy
Kayakoy
Mugla Province, Turkey
6. Re: May 2014, Oludeniz, car rental - where should we go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations